ClinesSelect

0.6CF tuned to 24hz

This was a recommendation for the RL-p 12 on another site. I was just curious what everyone thought.

For SQ purposes, try this:

1.2CF net (.6CF per driver), tuned at 24Hz, 22.5 ~ 25 square inches of port area. The problem is going to be vent length (causing the enclosure to be quite large), but it should sound extremely good if implemented properly.

These drivers are best suited for low-tuned vented apps. They will work sealed, but if you can make this enclosure work, I think you will be pleased with the boost in overall output while maintaining excellent SQ and extension.

The driver has an extremely strong motor. It doesn't need a very large enclosure at all, especially when taking into account the effects of in-car transfer function ("cabin gain"). That enclosure should yield a fairly flat FR and good extension which would be optimal for SQ.

The problem with small low-tuned vented boxes is vent length. After you take into account how long the vent must be, the overall enclosure isn't so small anymore. But when implemented properly with a driver like this, they can yield some very nice SQ and extension and give you a nice SPL boost over a small sealed box.

TOOO small. Way too small. Talk about peaky output, and would basically choke the subwoofer.

1.75 - 2ft^3 each.

holy crap, thats a really really small enclosure

definetly not what you want

that person needs to do some more reasearch before they go making stupid reccomendations like that

Well, you will get a very flat frequency response using such a small enclosure - however the roll-off on the low-end will be terrible and aren't subwoofers all about the low end?

In short, I wouldn't recommend doing what this guy is saying... :Doh:

wowo..i thought this was a thread about the rl-i 8...lol...

.6 for a rl-p 12? and 24hz tuning? wtf? lol....

anywya, mike jsut cleared it up, i'll quit my rambling...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: