Tirefryr

THE Perfect Power to Weight Ratio??!

That thing is pretty dang fast.

The cheek rippling is kinda nasty looking.

Top Gear> any american auto show

Donkervoort D8 > Ariel Atom

A CBR1000RR would've been pretty even w/ it, IMO ...

that was rather impressive.

hilarious with his skin rippling.

http://www.donkervoort.nl/car.htm

Only street-legal car to beat the Carrera GT around the Nurburgring ... Not only did it beat it, but it beat it by 10 seconds (7:18 to 7:28).

It uses a tuned VW/Audi 1.8T engine making roughly 270 hp and a modified Caterham Super Seven chassis ...

with cars this light why on earth are they not using rotary engines? the hp is limitless and i'm sure it'd even save a few pounds

with cars this light why on earth are they not using rotary engines? the hp is limitless and i'm sure it'd even save a few pounds

The 13B WAS lightweight in its day, but compared to today's all-aluminum alloy cast engines, they're fairly heavy.

The Mazda 13B engine weighs 278 lbs.

The VW/Audi 1.8T weighs 221 lbs.

The Honda B16B weighs 309 lbs.

Not to mention cost and reliability.

Rotary's were reliable as logn as you took care of them and didnt try to redline one alot that had over 50k miles on it .

Jmac, the new Z06 corvette beat the Carrera's time around N

Anyone remember the name of the Lotus dune-buggy thing that looks a ton like the Atom? I'd look it up but I'm too lazy for that.

Anyone remember the name of the Lotus dune-buggy thing that looks a ton like the Atom? I'd look it up but I'm too lazy for that.

Lotus Elise?

Too ugly for me....she might blow like a pro but if I can't look at her forget it.

Rotary? Serious? Limitless?

Sometimes people want reliablility in a race engine.

Yes that is why the 26B a while back that ran in the Lemans ran flawlessly when many other engines failed including BMW's. :fing34:

Wankles are great engines the reliability issues come from hear say and improper care... ive even seen idiots claiming poor reliability after putting full synthetic oil in his 3rd Gen 7.

:idiot:

also people claim poor reliability because they dont know that wankles (especailly older engines in 1st and 2nd gen) have to be brought up to full operating temperature before even daily driving and ESPECIALLY before shutting them off or your engine floods.

anyway, that little car is amazing, 300hp and 500kg... pure bliss.

Jmac, the new Z06 corvette beat the Carrera's time around N

You're thinking of the Lotus 340R, Beat ...  It was more like a street-legal go-kart ...  they only made 340 of them (hence the name).

Der! That's why I posted a few pics of one?! :Doh:

The 26B is a racing engine ...  The street 13B isn't exactly the most reliable engine out there ...

same deisgn ;)

like i said, if they are taken car of from the begining properly they last just as long as your average piston engine.