Sign in to follow this  
reaper68

XCON 18 lots of questions

Ok I have been beating my head against a wall trying to decide on which driver to run. My initial thought was to run a pair IDMAX 12's. However, I have some reservations on doing pretty much the same thing I have done time and again. So with that in mind I have been pursuing large displacement drivers. I need something that will work in a sealed enclosure, which the xcons seem to be fairly close with an EBP around the level that would work well in this setup. I will be powering this subwoofer with a mmats 2000.1 so it should see around its rms rating, granted box rise ect you won't see close to it, but that's ok. Alright so here are a couple of questions for you is this sub a very bottom heavy subwoofer or does it seem to reproduce the lower octaves without any odd peaks in out put, yes I could EQ it I just don't want a sub that will run out of steam at 60hz. My current setup works well with an 80hz cross over point so it would have to fill to there. Ok so could anyone compare its sound to any of these drivers original ppi pros, JL w1,w3,w4,w6v2, audiomobile evo-10, evo-r 15 (best sub for music I have owned), tc 2, 3hp, 4hp based drivers. I'm trying to find something like the evo-r which is why I was looking at soundsplinter so hard, but this seems like it maybe an acceptable alternative

The Xcon will have no issues playing across the entire subsonic range. If the box is properly built to the needs of the install, the Xcon will do just fine. If you notice, a handful of people have just started trying their Xcon's sealed and they are loving the results.

Thanks I have been going though trying to find all the posts sealed. It seems anymore all anyone runs is large ported setups. I honestly prefer the sealed sound on any application I have ran. :) this may be the direction I take.

I loved mine sealed. Very flat and plenty of output.

:drink40:

osted Today, 09:40 PM

View PostSir-Lancelot, on 24 June 2010 - 10:32 PM, said:

one of the best sales persons ya got :)

osted Today, 09:40 PM

View PostSir-Lancelot, on 24 June 2010 - 10:32 PM, said:

one of the best sales persons ya got :)

Yeah! Where my damn check?

Alright kind of an odd question I know I have searched for it before, but could I get the mounting depth, bolt circle diameter, and if possibly a model of the driver. By this I mean does anyone have a print, surface, or parametric solid model of the driver? I can work with inventor, solidworks, autocad, Unigraphics NX, or pretty much any file type that can be translated into these programs(just exterior surfaces would be fine). Basically I am looking at developing a pretty complex enclosure to fit this into my vehicle and I would like to get started on it.

We don't have a 3D model yet. I was planning to build them all in 3DS Max when I have some free time.

What version of 3ds do you have? I could do the models if you have prints but I don't have 3ds loaded up so I would have to export the file in a compatible file type.

2010 32-bit.

Do you have any design criteria? Prints available, or the happy joy or reverse engineering them?

I would have to acquire some measurements and do some reverse engineering.

X2

I prefer mine sealed !

I made a topic about it : "from ported to sealed" on the ssa sub forum. Look for it!

That's always an interesting time, if I had the bank I'd just order all the sizes and do it for you

Well I will hopefully will be getting one of these guys soon. I just hope the mmats is a good match to it. So just for quick reference what is the bolt circle size and mounting depth? I'm going to have shoe horn it in a little but it will be well worth it I think. Least wise its something different than a pair of 12's since I have been running those type of setups since 2002.

Another question what is the thru hole Ø? Will 1/4-20's work or are we looking at #10's