Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

VOTE !!!!

vote to help determine SSA's choice for best 4 cyclinder of the last 25 years, 10 votes needed for a win, so far we have a 3 way tie :ghost:

Clicky to vote!!

get to voting :runlaugh:

Hey unfair, you left out the most pound for pound unbeatable in its time engine. The Dodge 2.2l turbo that made its way into the 3200lb Spirit R/T in 1991. 5.6sec to 60 and a 14 sec quarter mile in 1991 with a 3200lb car. 224hp, 214 ft lbs--awesome for its day and even today.

I hate the Dodge, but that engine would get my vote as it made that car dance all over the place.

The next two runner ups for me aren't on the list either.

The Toyota 20/22R--the most unbreakable Japanese engine ever, no power but super reliable.

And the VW 1600 that made all those air pumpers so much fun!

Hey unfair, you left out the most pound for pound unbeatable in its time engine.  The Dodge 2.2l turbo that made its way into the 3200lb Spirit R/T in 1991.  5.6sec to 60 and a 14 sec quarter mile in 1991 with a 3200lb car.  224hp, 214 ft lbs--awesome for its day and even today.

I hate the Dodge, but that engine would get my vote as it made that car dance all over the place.

The next two runner ups for me aren't on the list either.

The Toyota 20/22R--the most unbreakable Japanese engine ever, no power but super reliable.

And the VW 1600 that made all those air pumpers so much fun!

It actually has a problem with the head gasket blowing and the water jackets leaking.

The Spirit R/T can smoke any car in its price range today.

The SRT-4 isnt sleeper enough

Head gaskets indeed, but they are pretty darn easy to replace on that Toy engine. Boring when it comes to the fun factor.

I am definetely into the sleepers. Currently drive an M5, previous two cars were an SHO Taurus with a 9psi supercharger with 462hp, and a blown Lincoln Mark VIII. It is so much fun to tromp midlife crisis buyers' Vipers and Vettes with a plain jane car. No one screws with your system then either.

Sleepers for teh win !

Got ant pics of those beasts ?

My moms car( acclaim) has a nice H/U in it, she leaves her doors unlocked and the faceplate on. No one would have the slightest clue that the autio in that car is worth more than the car itself.

the cars had no problems with the head gaskets, it was the head. That little baby was a beast and when put in the daytona (what i have) its a much nicer looking car. The engine is beyond cheap to get hp from too, for what a ricer spends for 30hp, i can get 100.

Timing chain problems too....

But all engines have their faults

Sleepers for teh win !

Got ant pics of those beasts ?

My moms car( acclaim) has a nice H/U in it, she leaves her doors unlocked and the faceplate on. No one would have the slightest clue that the autio in that car is worth more than the car itself.

heck yea man x2 here lol who would wanna jack my car?

Timing chain problems too....

But all engines have their faults

Lol they didn't have timing chains, but yes they had belt problems, mainly a manufacturing problem, get the right belt and you have no problems, wrong belt and you'll have tons.

seriusly? the motor that let's crank walk more then a centipede in a marathon?