SoundSplinter

First Looks: RL-s12 & RL-s15 LMT's

:WELCOME:

After a year of negociations and a few months of pedal to the metal design and

fabrication - the long awaited Linear Motor Technology from TC Sounds has be-

come a production reality! I am very pleased to announce that SoundSplinter is

the first public distributor to carry this exciting new technology, and that these

drivers are impressive to say the least!

rls12-backside_angle.jpg

Featuring a massive custom-tooled linear voicecoil, these drivers come at you

with an RMS rating of 1000 watts, and should comfortably handle 2000 watts in

skilled hands. This driver is designed for the most extreme and discerning of

audio enthusiasts. If you don't have at least 800 watts to play with, consider our

Premium Series drivers which perform very capably with 400-800 watts! tongue2.gif

rls15-backside_angle.jpg

With a sturdy tall rubber surround, rigid aluminum cone, super strong epoxy

glues, quad-stacked ceramic magnets, thick gap-plates, spring-action terminals,

and beautiful powder-coated high excursion basket, this driver is nearly bullet proof.

rls12-profile.jpg

On top of all this, we have taken the time to perform custom in-house machining

on our motor's T-yolk in order to accomodate high quality copper shorting rings in

all Supreme series drivers. This process aids in reducing flux modulation, making

for even less distortion on a driver that is already as clean as it gets.

rls15-profile.jpg

TC's Linear Motor Technology involves a revolutionary new voicecoil which

allows the driver to maintain a constant BL product (force) even at the extreme

high and low ends of its excursion capability. This innovative and unconventional

driver design will require us to let go of some generalizations that we draw from

various Thiele-Small parameters.

rls12-topside_angle.jpg

Consider the Qts of a conventional driver; While it may be around 4.0 in a free-air

parameter test, once inside a box and moving, it will likely raise to around 8.0

during full excursion. Linear Motor Technology allows the driver to maintain a

constant Qts and BL value, so while the BL parameter may be lower and the Qts

may be higher than in a traditional driver, we need to remember that we are

working with a whole new beast and cannot take these variances at face value.

Which, once you plug one of these bad boys in, I'm sure won't be a problem! wink2.gif

rls15-topside_angle.jpg

Put it all together with dual spider suspension incorporating woven lead-wires to

eliminate any possibility of tinsel-lead slap, a killer coil rated for 3.5 Ohm operation,

precision-machined parts, along with the expertise of the industry leaders at TC

Sounds, and you have a rock solid driver capable of true 3" peak-to-peak excursion,

with a one-way Xmax of just over 38mm whoa.gif!

rls15-excursionstill_pub.jpg

More information including T/S Parameters, enclosure recommendations, and

list prices will be made available, right here on SoundSolutionsAudio, within the

coming week. Anxious to get your hands on one? Contact us for ordering availability.

Waitlist members will be notified tomorrow and be allowed a one-week head start :)

:rockwoot:

wow! those look sweet! I may sell my 2 rlp 15's before I even get them out of the box to get my hands on a couple of those! :rockwoot:

holy crap. how much do those babies run?

hmm wonder if 2 of those 15's would be very loud in my trans am? naaaaa

whats one of those things weigh about 50 pounds?

freakin awesome mike. you got mail.

wow. finally :(

X10 on the HOLY CRAP !

That moofer is big.

I hope you dont have any problems with the basket like LA had...

Is that the look of the cone :mellow:

Hey now what you got against the cone? Personally, I would've preferred to keep the theme of the black annodized cones EXCEPT that they didn't offer as strong of a connection at the voicecoil former. This off-white aluminum cone is really beefy in comparison, and on a driver like this, it's definitely a tradeoff I'm willing to take! :fing34:

Hey now what you got against the cone? Personally, I would've preferred to keep the theme of the black annodized cones EXCEPT that they didn't offer as strong of a connection at the voicecoil former.  This off-white aluminum cone is really beefy in comparison, and on a driver like this, it's definitely a tradeoff I'm willing to take!  :fing34:

I like the black more, thats all

What about a black painted cone and chrome/polished dust cap like TC offers on the LMT.

That sub looks sweet....;)

mike, mike, mike...lol..

omg, it's time to buy a 12 and put that in the tb...lol...

i gotta go clean myself up.

btw, when does the demo ring start?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

box specs?

Awesome Mike!

Can't wait to test 'er out!!!

Gotta make sure I can locate an amp big enough to do her justice aswell :domoslay:

Im not sure what everyone has against the cones, I like them. Those subs are the most sexy things I have ever seen in my life. :D

x2 on the demo ring.

Seeing these in production, they may be my next move. Something has to go in the wall I have planned. Maybe the RL-s will fit the bill.

*Anxiously awaiting further information*

Also, I'm still wonder just how much louder this will get on 1500RMS compared to a same size RL-p on 800RMS.

3.5 ohm SVC...heh, good thing my PG Tantrum 1200.1 does 1.4kW from 2 to 4 :D

Lovely driver. Hope to have enough funds to be able to buy one in the coming year.

maybe ill sell my 2 rl-ps and put one of these bad boys at 1600w rms in my new integra :)

Slumpin - box spec's will be publicized this coming week, for now I'll just say that these are not geared for a small box environment.

same sq as the rl-p only higher power handling? or am i wrong?

I hope you understand that I am not comfortable addressing this question conclusively, as sound quality is extremely subjective and what one's ears may love, another's may not. That said, the Supreme drivers will sound different than the RL-p's, and while the Premium series drivers offer very low distortion bass reproduction, distortion on the Supreme series is nearly non-existant. Qualitatively, it is in the ear of the beholder to decide which sound they prefer. I wouldn't hesitate to use either!.. but if you're a fanatic and want the best of the best, the Supreme series is your ticket.

cougarballa2k5: Though I haven't lined these up on a mic side-by-side, given the nearly 60% increase in displacement between the RL-p and RL-s series, I would be inclined to believe that the Supremes will get considerably louder. :P

mike..

u really are a sexy beast, u know that??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

You still doing a demo session? I jumped on that list early ;)

It's gonna be tough for 1000-2000 rms @nearly 4ohms tho.

NG

I most definitely am! In fact, I just sent out the first round of emails for coordination on the demo-ring. Should be in your in-box any minute. Preliminary listing slates you for Week 4 of the demo ring, which should coincide roughly between the dates of Oct 7 - 14. Unfortunately, I'm not doing this as a first-come first-served ring, since I want to try to save you all as much money as possible on shipping the driver to the next person in the ring.

Come to think of it, if there is anyone in MS, AR, LA, OK, KS, TX, CO, NM, or AZ that is interested in hopping on the demo, drop me a line ASAP for details. The ring is nearly full, so these last 1 or 2 spots will be first-come first-served, and unfortunatley I will only accept requests from people in the states listed above, along with proper references OR a full cash deposit.

oo ooo im from AZ!

but i have no car, no box, and no amp that makes that kind of power

if by some miracle, i got all of those things, when would it stop by?