SoundSplinter

First Looks: RL-s12 & RL-s15 LMT's

Come to think of it, if there is anyone in MS, AR, LA, OK, KS, TX, CO, NM, or AZ that is interested in hopping on the demo, drop me a line ASAP for details.  The ring is nearly full, so these last 1 or 2 spots will be first-come first-served, and unfortunatley I will only accept requests from people in the states listed above, along with proper references OR a full cash deposit.

I'm from houston, TX. What exactly is needed to become a demo rig? I have references under the same screen name on Ebay if you need them :D

I could use THIS truck for the demo,or 2 other vehicles I have in mind.

NisAznMonk@aol.com

how about having more post...so we can be familiar with u

SORRY...BUT WELCOME 2 THE FORUM.....TRUST U WILL FIND SOME VERY KNOWLEDGABLE FOLK ON HERE

SORRY 4 THE CAPS I'M TOO LAZY TO PRESS THE CAPS LOCK KEY EVEN THOUGH THE LETTER A IS NEXT TO IT...

"1000W @4ohms for HT duty....prob looking at a good $1000+ for an amp"

Crown XLS 400, 1150 W bridged into 4 ohms, about $250 on ebay.

Will this sub make an awesome HT sub?

Now of course it'll be different for everyone - but when I think of the RL-s, my FIRST thought is home theater since this driver has the capability to withold all of its supreme ( :D ) sound quality at very high output levels. I'm using a Behringer EP2500 amp that will output 2500 watts @ 4ohms bridged (or two channels of 1250 @ 2ohms), along with a Behringer crossover deck for the subwoofer line - for a combined price of less than $400 and let me tell you it sure does the trick damn well!

Of course this driver is also suitable for car audio use by all means - but the reason why I personally would not opt to put one of these in my car is simply because of the requisite for massive power, lots of space, and the weight of the damn thing. I have no desire to go deaf in my car, and a couple 8's in my ride will have me grinning like an idiot no problem anyway! :P

HT? It would be right at home.... I use one of mine for home audio. I've never had it distort before, even though i've had it throwing quite far.

What exactly is needed to become a demo rig?

I think you may be misunderstanding what was said. Mike is talking about a demo RING not rig, a few trusted members will be demoing the woofer, giving impressions and sending it off to the next guy. He is not offering to give you woofers for a demo car.

Will this sub make an awesome HT sub?

Now of course it'll be different for everyone - but when I think of the RL-s, my FIRST thought is home theater since this driver has the capability to withold all of its supreme ( :D ) sound quality at very high output levels. I'm using a Behringer EP2500 amp that will output 2500 watts @ 4ohms bridged (or two channels of 1250 @ 2ohms), along with a Behringer crossover deck for the subwoofer line - for a combined price of less than $400 and let me tell you it sure does the trick damn well!

Of course this driver is also suitable for car audio use by all means - but the reason why I personally would not opt to put one of these in my car is simply because of the requisite for massive power, lots of space, and the weight of the damn thing. I have no desire to go deaf in my car, and a couple 8's in my ride will have me grinning like an idiot no problem anyway! :P

^^^That is exactly what i was thinking of using! Which sub are you using 12 or 15? Are you running off the amp bridged or just one channel? What box size and tuning are you using?

^^^That is exactly what i was thinking of using! Which sub are you using 12 or 15? Are you running off the amp bridged or just one channel? What box size and tuning are you using?

I'm using a 15" RL-p currently in a 3.5 cu ft net @ 25 Hz ported enclosure off of a single channel since it is a dual 4ohm model. Been swamped this week but will soon be building some nice sealed boxes for the RL-s drivers (both sizes) and testing them on the EP2500 in due time...

I'm using a 15" RL-p currently in a 3.5 cu ft net @ 25 Hz ported enclosure off of a single channel since it is a dual 4ohm model. Been swamped this week but will soon be building some nice sealed boxes for the RL-s drivers (both sizes) and testing them on the EP2500 in due time...

Definently let us know how the testing turns out! I would love to have a 15 in a big low tuned box at home :rockwoot:

me?

sorry for the weird posting its my first time posting here. what are you running at home loudnobnoxious?

No offense but 2500watts is also pretty measley to be trying to do a 150 on a TL. 

Watched Mark Potts pull a 150.0db on a TL on the dash with a single Orion 2500D and a pair of Type-R's....which, IIRC with impedance rise he was only pushing around 1700-1800w RMS to the pair.

;)

me?

sorry for the weird posting its my first time posting here. what are you running at home loudnobnoxious?

One of the few TC Sounds initial prototype LMT woofers. I own 3, two are sitting in boxes. It is powered off a single channel of a Sony home receiver. It's in a 2.7 cubic foot box. I can't describe the sound, it's not tight or loose, it's just as the music is intended to be. It takes a long time to get used to. When it's time to drop low it knows how. Only paid $320 for it almost a year ago, not really sure when I got it to be honest. I paid almost double that for each of my other ones. Oh btw, I own 2, my girlfriend owns the third one and my modded Orion XTR PRO 2400. I won't put anything in her car I wouldn't put in my own.

bump 4 a good thread

simply amazing

No offense but 2500watts is also pretty measley to be trying to do a 150 on a TL. 

Watched Mark Potts pull a 150.0db on a TL on the dash with a single Orion 2500D and a pair of Type-R's....which, IIRC with impedance rise he was only pushing around 1700-1800w RMS to the pair.

;)

I was talking about the RL-S, not a pair of Type-R's :confused: I should have specified a little further? hehe