SoundSplinter

First Looks: RL-s12 & RL-s15 LMT's

oo ooo im from AZ!

but i have no car, no box, and no amp that makes that kind of power

if by some miracle, i got all of those things, when would it stop by?

Well that might just work out then - as I'm looking to make the "home stretch" along the southern US, for people that are available in late December through early January. Let me know if this is a possibility as soon as you can. If I don't find one or two people in the aforementioned area, I may rearrange the route a bit, but it's really too early to tell at this point how the ring will pan out. Private messages preferred for this topic! :ph34r:

I most definitely am!  In fact, I just sent out the first round of emails for coordination on the demo-ring.  Should be in your in-box any minute.  Preliminary listing slates you for Week 4 of the demo ring, which should coincide roughly between the dates of Oct 7 - 14.  Unfortunately, I'm not doing this as a first-come first-served ring, since I want to try to save you all as much money as possible on shipping the driver to the next person in the ring.

Come to think of it, if there is anyone in MS, AR, LA, OK, KS, TX, CO, NM, or AZ that is interested in hopping on the demo, drop me a line ASAP for details.  The ring is nearly full, so these last 1 or 2 spots will be first-come first-served, and unfortunatley I will only accept requests from people in the states listed above, along with proper references OR a full cash deposit.

Replied ;)!!! Can't wait, thanks for the amazing opportunity Mike.

-Noah

How about just a healthly discount if I put 4 in a wall??

There will be quantity discounts for orders of two or more drivers, continuing the trend I have in place with my other two lines.

oo ooo im from AZ!

but i have no car, no box, and no amp that makes that kind of power

if by some miracle, i got all of those things, when would it stop by?

Well that might just work out then - as I'm looking to make the "home stretch" along the southern US, for people that are available in late December through early January. Let me know if this is a possibility as soon as you can. If I don't find one or two people in the aforementioned area, I may rearrange the route a bit, but it's really too early to tell at this point how the ring will pan out. Private messages preferred for this topic! :ph34r:

YGPM

wow how did i not find this thread sooner, i have 2 LA subs, that really need a recone like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike, ill get you the pics of the basket, and the flaw. but i would like most to send you the basket,

Very beauty of a sub that LMT technology is very nice from what I've read. Those subs look like a beast ;)

Looks awesome, wanna get my hand on the sub sometimes in the future (i hope), maybe Mike can give me a special price for a customer from Down Under :D

I'm unsure as to the efficiency of this woofer but my modified 3HP (Custom A) compared to the LMT, the 3HP would strait annihilate the LMT in SPL. SPL is really not its intended purpose.

It definitely sounds better than any other woofer that they offer though.

I can't believe they won't make your cone black. I have a one-off Linear Motor with a black cone. I say one-off because its the only one like it although I do have a pair that look similar to the ones you will be marketing.

If you want no holds barred SQ with a decent amount of SPL, these things are for you. They may not be that efficient but the sheer power handling of the coil makes up for it in my opinion.

So stop fiddling with the little guys and buy a real amp to power one of these guys, you won't be disappointed.

I'm very excited that this has become reality - not that I doubted mike :)

I can't wait to get hands on with this woofer / tech. I've had The Adire XBL, The Orion Dual Gap, and the JL technology at one time or another over the past couple of years. I can't wait to compare this.

oh, and it look's pretty good Mike.

Gotta make sure I can locate an amp big enough to do her justice aswell  :domoslay:

It's gonna be tough for 1000-2000 rms @nearly 4ohms tho.

NG

I'd been thinking about the power question for a while as well, I've decided on Two strapped smaller amps. Two 1200@1ohm mono

s strapped to a 3.5 load. Or something similar. About the most efficient way I could think of for 1500ish @ 3.5dcr. Not accounting a few old AB two channels. :)

-Nick

my Tantrum would be perfect for one of these...

1.4kW from 2 to 4 :D

Why do I get the feeling my Amex card is going to be taking a hit soon, hehe...

And no problem about a larger box size...'bout time I got something that used more space! :)

Congrats Mike, I hope this one shoots SS through the roof....BTW for us LA cats...will you be throwing a RL-s Demo BBQ, I can bring the carne asada..... :fing34::runlaugh::slayer::woot::rockwoot:

p.s. Just a personal opinion but one of those rubber boots (ala RL-p) would like mighty fine on that supreme

eh, no boots IMO. show off the structure. I never liked boots though.

BTW for us LA cats...will you be throwing a RL-s Demo BBQ, I can bring the carne asada..... :fing34:  :runlaugh:  :slayer:  :woot:  :rockwoot:

I would so be there :fing34:

I'd love to have a little demo session for southern Californians - however I'm not sure where to do it.  My regular ride is a tiny ol' MR2, so I can't reasonably fit an LMT in the damn thing!  We'll figure something out though..

*Cough* I have a montero sport *cough*

Then when we are done, you can just leave it in there :rockwoot:

mike mike mike.

fly me to CA and ill glass a pair of the lmt's in that dinky toyota!

and then i can go home with one or two? do you think they will worry if i lug a 50lb monster onto the plane and sit with it, they might think its a bomb :)

I'm sure in most cases it will - but you can always make a driver stronger, beefier, sexier ;)

I can't quite recall the reason why we scaled back on the full movement of the driver, but I know there was a good reason when I first started discussing this project with Thilo Stompler, head engineer at TC Sounds. Unfortunately he left for China last Friday and won't return for two weeks, so we'll have to wait on an answer :P

I'd love to have a little demo session for southern Californians - however I'm not sure where to do it.  My regular ride is a tiny ol' MR2, so I can't reasonably fit an LMT in the damn thing!  We'll figure something out though..

*Cough* I have a montero sport *cough*

Then when we are done, you can just leave it in there :rockwoot:

*cough* i have a suburban *cough* ;)

*cough* 4 15's in the back *cough*

Just need a nice 4000W amp...oh wait...i just got rid of mine :(