Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

Magnum 15 review

Listening Equipment list - Sony XA-1 ES CD player, Outlaw 1050 receiver, Crown K2 amplifier, Monster Cable Interlink 250 interconnects, Monster Cable 12 awg speaker wire, and Stereo Integrity Esprit line arrays.

The Magnum 15" is in a 3.6 cubic foot sealed sonotube enclosure being driven by the incredibly relentless Crown K2 that is capable of 2,500 watts RMS.

"Spies" 1988 Telarc CD is a must-have for any audio enthusiast who enjoys deep, powerful bass lines. Coupled with the CD's great recording quality, the Spies CD was the first to find its way into the CD player. Track number one opens up with its solid up-beat bass line that will quickly show any subwoofer faults. If a subwoofer exhibits even the slightest amount of overhang, it will show up on this track. The Magnum 15, however, showed just how well it could make the song sound. My initial thought was "just like a Magnum 12, but deeper." The 15's overall sound is dry and incredibly fast. Track two has a deeper bass line that is flat and laid back that the Magnum 15 had no problem keeping up with even with the volume turned up to a considerable roar. Track three's intro has an incredibly heavy bass drop intro that brought the Magnum to submission when fully cranked. We found the 15's limit by the second or third drop when it talked back to us with a loud WHAP. But...with 2500 watts on tap, we should have been a little more careful. :o

I'll post more later, as my father has robbed the system from me to do some RTA'ing. 'can't do a lot of reviewing without actually listening to the music. :P

Man that sounds awesome Nick,BTW my D2 is on its way to u,can wait to get it back I really miss it.As for the 15,if u have any left when I get my refund,probably pick one up.Keep us updated.

I held the Magnum 15... I really like the 12-spoke basket, it's just massive in general. Sub is built solidly just like the old Magnums. Beautiful woofer... I wish I had a chance to hear it over the weekend, but weather did not permit setting up my amp on it.

Edited by sundownz

Sweet! All the good news I keep hearing about these is making me rather anxious. My first step into the SI world and it will be with 30" of FURY!

Hey there Nick

is that 15 made to love big boxes like that? or would it perform well in a smaller box as well? say 2cft? or even 1.5cft?

Hey there Nick

is that 15 made to love big boxes like that? or would it perform well in a smaller box as well? say 2cft? or even 1.5cft?

2 ft^3 is enough room sealed for the Mag 15.