Tirefryr

Modifying PS2 or Xbox for 12 volts.

Anyone know how or who to talk to?

umm why not just get a seperate converter, so you could plug other 120v AC things into it and not have to worry about fusting with the PS2 :blink:

I don't want to use an iverter for fear of noise. I have no other uses for 120 in the car.

I never got noise while using my inverter. I had a ps2 running to a 200 watt coleman inverter and it was fine, no audio or video problems. -aaron

I never got noise while using my inverter. I had a ps2 running to a 200 watt coleman inverter and it was fine, no audio or video problems. -aaron

How much did that run you ? 200 watt inverter plenty for a PS2 or XBOX ?

I'm also on the hunt for modding AC ---> DC.

- Steve

How much did that run you ? 200 watt inverter plenty for a PS2 or XBOX ?

I'm also on the hunt for modding AC ---> DC.

- Steve

i think it was around 35 shipped off ebay. ps2's are rated at 92 watts of draw. i would probably sell it if you really wanted it.

Uhmm, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Sony make a plug in adapter for the PS2 for in car use :unsure:

Uhmm, correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Sony make a plug in adapter for the PS2 for in car use :unsure:

i just looked at there site and i didnt see anything like that listed. even if they do, all it is, is a power inverter, that is the only way without making a new power suply to get 12v into 120v.

i supose if you really wanted to get dirty into how all the wireing is layed out in a ps2, you could take the oem power suply out, and since a all that power suply does is make the 120v into 12v, so you could bypass that power suply and run 12v from the car right into the ps2 without using the power suply.....sounds hard, and it is, but ive done it with regular desktop computers and its worked....somewhat...