wood: 0.50

height: 16.5

width: 28

depth: 14

PORT

height: 15.5

width: 1.7

L Piece: 6

says its tuned to 31.64 and has 2.825 cubic feet. and i dont understand why its saying my port should be deeper than my box is.. lol says total port length is 20.85 so i subtracted 6 which is 14.85 ??

you guys are the pros and its my first personal box build :noob:

I'd use thicker than .5"

i've used .5 before for a long time with no problems. t-nuts and wood glue does the job. Also so i can make the box volume larger. I still want to use my trunk

could you help with the dimensions

What are you going to use for bracing?

I have pieces of 0.75 that i could use

what would you recommend ? and where on the box

sorry if some of the questions are stupid and obvious but like i said its my first personal build and i wanna make sure its perfect

Edited by DCarter

also changed the depth to 15 instead of 14, and made the tuning 30.72 which will make it about 32 with sub installed and gave it a bit more volume. It is 3.032 instead of 2.285 which will give more room for bracing

the re box calculator is wrong. you should see if someone could help you on here with it.

the re box calculator is wrong. you should see if someone could help you on here with it.

Yeah i heard rumours about that. which is why i am looking

no luck soo far though :(

guys please help. i would love to get this BL up and running. Height must be 16.5 for it to be easier to get in and out. Looking for around 27 width and maybe around 14-15 depth. Want a nice small ported box tuned to about 32-33 hz with sub in (BL needs about 2.8-4 cubic feet)

.5" and a BL = FAIL imo! suicide-santa.gif

The RE Calc does not account for speaker displacement or bracing!

.5" and a BL = FAIL imo! suicide-santa.gif

The RE Calc does not account for speaker displacement or bracing!

im gonna use lots of bracing with 0.75 for the inside

but i need box dimensions

okay? use lots of bracing and lose more internal volume. Fail...

An Fi BL 15" requires 3-5ft^3!

Just using your dimensions and using 0.75" wood you will need a depth of 22.75" with a port width of 3.5" by 17.5" deep with another 5" long for the L-Shape. That will give you a tuning of 32hz.

okay? use lots of bracing and lose more internal volume. Fail...

which is why i said im making the box bigger to make room for it ?

k well can i get dimensions please for 0.75. I might just end up doing that all around

An Fi BL 15" requires 3-5ft^3!

Just using your dimensions and using 0.75" wood you will need a depth of 22.75" with a port width of 3.5" by 17.5" deep with another 5" long for the L-Shape. That will give you a tuning of 32hz.

thanks a lot ! really appreciate the help. Is that with 15 or 14" depth for the box and still 28 wide?

thnx again :drink40:

That is with a 22.75" depth!

ya i noticed that right after i replied.. sorry about that

how off is the RE calculator ?

Not that bad, it just doesn't account for speaker displacement or any bracing displacement.

Funny thing is I get about the same tuning and roughly the same ft^3. Only difference was they have 17.75" port length vs 17.5" so only .25".

Bromo has a great tool he created so maybe he will chime in and see what he says.

Not that bad, it just doesn't account for speaker displacement or any bracing displacement.

Funny thing is I get about the same tuning and roughly the same ft^3. Only difference was they have 17.75" port length vs 17.5" so only .25".

Bromo has a great tool he created so maybe he will chime in and see what he says.

I was also wondering if its true that when you put the sub in it adds about 2 hz to the box tuning ? not sure if thats true

ive had the same problem.. it told me to make a port longer than the actual box was lol.. i think if its 0.75 they always add 1.5 inches to the port for some reason

thnx for your help! sorry for stupid questions.. im just starting to learn more about the whole car audio world. PS what would you recommend for bracing ? :P

Follow 98GMC recommendations and you will be at 3.71ft^3 @ 32.78hz with 14.15 in^2/ft^3 of port area after sub and port displacement. Just to reiterate the dimensions enter these into RE to get a cut list.

Width = 28

Height = 16.5

Top depth = 22.75

Bottom depth = 22.75

Wood thickness = .75

Port width = 3.5

Port length 2 = 5

The only thing RE's calculator if halfway decent for is its cut list. I say halfway decent because if your not careful with the port dimensions it can mess that up.

Follow 98GMC recommendations and you will be at 3.71ft^3 @ 32.78hz with 14.15 in^2/ft^3 of port area after sub and port displacement. Just to reiterate the dimensions enter these into RE to get a cut list.

Width = 28

Height = 16.5

Top depth = 22.75

Bottom depth = 22.75

Wood thickness = .75

Port width = 3.5

Port length 2 = 5

The only thing RE's calculator if halfway decent for is its cut list. I say halfway decent because if your not careful with the port dimensions it can mess that up.

alright. thank you !!! :drink40:

how deep is the port until the 2 Port length ?

Edited by DCarter

FYI - use the .75" mdf and not the .5"!

Just like the cut dimensions state 17.75"

Internal dimension of 21.25" - 3.5" of port width = 17.75" ;)

17.5" deep then 5"

thnx!

looks like im gonna be using 0.75 but just wondering why not to use the 0.50 if its held together tight ?

Thicker and denser. Trust us you will be happier in the long run!