SAMZ

Beginner Install Help

I will be breaking down the tools/supplies for putting a bass system into my car

So what i am anticipating is tools, and making it so that i can turn my sub on and off when i am driving.

Tools i have-Wrenchs, drills

Tools i think i need-Soldering iron (voltage help needed) and a heatgun dunno much about these two

Now for a sub on and off button or knob, this is so not ALL the time i have bass, some people may want this do not. I will be having a mono amp and i dont know if il have to solder.

Now for wires:

0ga, RCA cables, i dont know if ill need 1/2ga

Subs i will be getting-15" Fi BTL

Amp-Undecided but either a audioque 2200D or Sundown Audio

Electrical- Possibly a second battery, down the line probably a alt, i will be doing the big 3

If you have any info please tell me, ive been reading lots of articles and have found some info but stuff isnt good enough

If you have some good reads or videos about subs and putting them into a car let me know

Hope you can help me

Sam

for soldering use a pencil torch crimp the terminals best you can heat them up and add solder to the terminal till it bonds to the wire and terminal than makes sure they dont pull out for the on off switch/ button wire on in the remote wire from your deck to your amp and mount it some were you like and that can be used to turn on/off your bass

you won't need a heat gun for anything

Edited by icy_chris

A good pair of crimpers and wire strippers--as you move along a digital voltmeter would be great. A heatgun might not be needed but I use one all the time if I'm doing a lot of electrical were I'm soldering. Makes for nice clean connections with heatshrink. Good Luck with your project! :drink40:

lol ive always used my pencil tourch to heat shrink my car lol but what ever works

whats your alt put out now? bc with 2000w you will want at least a second battery b/c i have a saz2000d and the voltage drop cuts everything out so i got a 200amp alt comming soon

cable cutters? they make running large wire so much easier. remember to do the big 3!

if you pick one of the two subs they will have a remote gain.. able to turn your sub WAY down... but not off....

if you need to be able to turn it off.. then a switch on the remote will work.. or if you have a nice head unit you will have the "sub" on and off control in the unit its self.

if you pick one of the two subs they will have a remote gain.. able to turn your sub WAY down... but not off....

if you need to be able to turn it off.. then a switch on the remote will work.. or if you have a nice head unit you will have the "sub" on and off control in the unit its self.

amps ;)

amps ;)

good call i was kinda drunky!