So i recently bought a pioneer avic n4 and i hooked it all up and all the unit does is open up with a black screen and when car is the screen will go down...there is no illumination or nothing...although i do here the headunit making some noises....so i know its working...and i have tried a new 30 pin plug and that didnt help.

Did you match up the wires in the back appropriately with the factory wiring? Did you hook up both power wires?

yes all the wiring is hooked up right i tripled checked and what do you mean a second power wire?

Head units have two power wires. One is constant, the other i switched with your ignition and only sees power when the ignition is turned on. On most head units they are yellow and red.

ohh ya i got that i thought you were talking about on the hideaway...its f ing weird everything is connected and when i turn the key over monitor pops out and the head unit makes a little noise(i think its a fan in it) and gives me a black screen????? im stumped

some of the decks have a emergency wire hook up . so when u are driving the screen will go off on less u park the car and put the e-brake on, make sure this wire is hooked up properly .

some of the decks have a emergency wire hook up . so when u are driving the screen will go off on less u park the car and put the e-brake on, make sure this wire is hooked up properly .

That or you have a faulty deck from the sounds of it.