gameover97

Subs Amps or Enclosures A Vs B Vs C

I'm tired of guys posting topics about what subs are louder than anothers, it's not about what company,brand or whatever sub you have that makes your drivers loud @ all , same goes for amps.

The key to have a successful system in your ride is first matching your amp to your subs, since I've been out there seeing what guys are putting in there cars I've noticed that alot of people are just slaping any'ol thing without doin the needed research to find out what they really need..

I've put together a few systems enough to know how it's done, the first thing is choosing a amplifier that suits your needs, I've seen systems with 250 watts smash all over guys with 800 to 1200 watts, mainly due to the fact that there subs didnt match up with the amp, If you buy a amp that is stable 2ohms and puts out all it's power @ 2Ohms you'll need to have either Dual 2ohm subs if you were planing on running (2) or if you're only running (1) Dual 4 would match up right with that amplifier.. (Sometimes you always get what you ask for too,make sure you either buy a DMM digital multi meter and check for yourself what you're installing in your system

Maybe this topic and the things I'm saying seems simple and alot of guys know this stuff but it's stagering how many guys don't know this, so please don't bash it. I'm only trying to help some guys out from what I've learned the hard way :P

This is the truth!!! ( if you wanna get together and run some tests to prove me wrong let me know)

30% Equipmen

70% Install

I get kinda ticked off when I see crazy answers to questions like , what's louder A or B or what's the overall better sub for SPL or SQ , and the answer is everything but INSTALL. For the guys out there lookin to get have to most out of your equipment and the hard earned money you spent on high priced subs and amps, I promiss you that if the guy with same car,sub,amp combo as you with the better install than you well make your system sound like night & day..

If you agree cool if not drop a line and drop some science B)

If you agree cool if not drop a line and drop some science B)

I'm going to have to disagree with you based simply on the fact that nobody else has.

Your electrical system and enclosure are the two main factors that decide whether your system rox or sux.

A strong electrical system is vital. It provides the current that your amps use to amplify the input source. If your electrical system is only capable of 80 amps of current at any given time, it's pointless to even purchase a 1000+ watt amplifier because no matter how efficient or well made it is, it's not going to put out it's rated power.

A well-built enclosure can also make a world of difference. I'm not just saying this because I build enclosures for a living (then again, maybe i am...). If your enclosure is improperly tuned or doesn't provided the right amount of airspace, your subs will likely sound like crap. I've seen dozens of guys that go out and drop a few grand on equipment, only to turn around and throw their woofers into a pre-fab qlogic or BB enclosure. It's like putting a plastic intake manifold on a 454. It might hold for a while, but you're not going to be satisfied with the end result.

I say 90% install, 8% product, 2% milk :lol:

And I have to disagree with that. Application comes first.. You can take the best install and the best equipment and the best MILK :lol: but it is no good if the application is wrong.

And I have to disagree with that. Application comes first.. You can take the best install and the best equipment and the best MILK :lol: but it is no good if the application is wrong.

x2

I agree with the general idea your trying to say, install is VERY important but the simple truth is with sub a vs b one sub is OVERALL better. To me, the most important thing in an a system, is the box the sub is in, but in order to decide on that box you need to know about the sub.

You can take a Sony 10" that cost like $30 at best buy and make it louder then a RE XXX and sound better, but thats only if you dont fallow what the makers of these subs say to do, and when you talk about a vs b you have to asume your talking about the subs under what the specs say you can do with it.

i think install is 60% of what a sub is going to sound like...20% car's electrical system...5% brand of product(if a quality brand)...15% amount of amplifier

now the only thing i dis-agree with so far is this...not all subs(or other products) are created equal...a $30 sony xplod may do alright in a proper enclosure, but realisitcly, it isn't going to be used properly and it isn't going to last. also, i'm sure that $30 sony will not get as loud as say a $200 brahma in any givin size with both being in proper installs. there are disticnt differences in quality levels of subs and hence, distinct differences in performance of same. now..when comparing say...a $200 brahma to a $300 kicker..things get a lot tighter. this is where things like power, enclosure and application come into play..and which sub is better for what.

in the end of it all...and all things being equal(subs in proper enclosure's with proper power and plenty of juice) any sub will sound good and get loud..

and

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well call me old fashioned but---

1---you do need a good electrical system(it takes power to make power)but if you have a 80 amp alt you can run a 1000 watt amp(class D of course)

2---you have to have a good solid install--period---paint cans and cardboard do not make good boxes

3---learn volume and gain are 2 differant things

4---learn what a subsonic filter does

5---learn volume control

6---learn to teach others---maybe then we wouldn't have so many nOObs around.

as for the ratio for product to install---hmm---treat everything(even if it is cheap) as though it costs $1,000.00

and most of all----appretiate what you have and don't dog someone elses stuff because you are louder(give the underdog a chance---it might be his first system and it is all he can afford)

thanks