j-roadtatts

Help choosing a 10 inch midbass driver.

Heres a progress pic, of the 12" Aura being tested in the door. With about as soild of a baffle as I can get.......I took a ton pictures to get to this point and will post if anyone is interested?

med_gallery_10399_421_60910.jpg

med_gallery_10399_421_121425.jpg

And a Question for you Sean or anyone else, in the next pic, IS the hole into the door lagre enough? this is as big as the first hole/metal can get due to the window motor. Let me know what you guys think, especially you Sean, Brad and Seth. (the techs)

med_gallery_10399_421_17303.jpg

Testing, testing........is this thing on? He,he.

So far I had about 10-15 minutes play. I already changed the slopes to 18 from 12db and that seems to clean up the sig more. I am crossing at 50-80 on bottom and 250-400 on top for testing. I will test more today, on my drive to work and report more a little while later today.

med_gallery_10399_421_54696.jpg

The blue tape is covering little holes. The foil tape is on the edges of the LLP, which I left on the door and sandwiched like a big gasket.

med_gallery_10399_421_31130.jpg

"enough" is hard to say. How does it fit in the hole? Of course the proof can be in the pudding a bit as well, if the low end isn't choked it is enough.

Holy cow! :popcorn:

Now there's a door speaker! LOL

Some ask why..........

j-roadtatts says why the hell not!

(and I agree!)

Looking good J !!

This is nuts! :)

"enough" is hard to say. How does it fit in the hole? Of course the proof can be in the pudding a bit as well, if the low end isn't choked it is enough.

The low end is definetly not choked off. The top end is what gets nasty, anything over 400 sounds like rattling cone.

Holy cow! :popcorn:

Now there's a door speaker! LOL

Some ask why..........

j-roadtatts says why the hell not!

(and I agree!)

Why the hell not? Hehe:D

Looking good J !!

Thank you sir. I am hoping to knock the doors out alittle quicker this time. K.I.S.S.

This is nuts! :)

You know it is! :partybanana:

The low end is definetly not choked off. The top end is what gets nasty, anything over 400 sounds like rattling cone.

Then the hole is probably "big enough" :)

I am hoping to make a baffle for the 10" and compare that some today, The low end on the 12" is a monster.

I also plan on adding a few more layers of damplifer pro to the door this morning, The 12" is pushin' some air and having its way with the door.:P

Looking good !

its been done before , I'm sure you will succeed ! :drink40:

Looking good !

its been done before , I'm sure you will succeed ! :drink40:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. You know I am have fun doing it.:fing34:

When I first saw 10's in your doors I was like WOW! When you mentioned 12's I was like WTF! But I new after seeing the 10's this guy can make it happen and I see you have. Looks most excellent! As you told me time will be the key for getting them dialed in. Carry On!! Don't forget to post the pics. :fing34::fing34:

When I first saw 10's in your doors I was like WOW! When you mentioned 12's I was like WTF! But I new after seeing the 10's this guy can make it happen and I see you have. Looks most excellent! As you told me time will be the key for getting them dialed in. Carry On!! Don't forget to post the pics. :fing34::fing34:

I have learned a boat load about tuning and installation lately And the 12" is gonna take every bit of it. I won't forget the pics, I know ya' all are picture whores.:captain:

We all know you are a picture whore but what about a video? I would love to see a 12'' pounding in the door of a Honda. :drink40: Cant wait to see some more!!!!!

We all know you are a picture whore but what about a video? I would love to see a 12'' pounding in the door of a Honda. :drink40: Cant wait to see some more!!!!!

Whats the best way to paste a video? I assume start a you tube account.

I just did the A B comparision between the 10 and 12, and the 12 wins hands down on all fronts. SO commence with the build!!!!! I am ordering another 12 here directly!!! I already have a stash of Damplifier (30 sq or so) SO I am good there. :)

Yea I think Youtube is your best bet you could also try uploading it to photobucket or something like that. Glad to hear you went with the 12. Bigger is better!!!! lol. I always look forward to watching your builds....etc. Keep up the good work!

I have learned a boat load about tuning and installation lately And the 12" is gonna take every bit of it. I won't forget the pics, I know ya' all are picture whores.:captain:

You know us so well :popcorn:

Damn it J, I'm seriously jealous over here!! :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Looks like your doing a hell of a job on that door so far.

BTW, It hates you right about now, ya know. :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

Those poor doors, they have been through so much and are tremblin' waiting to see what's goin' to happen to them next. Looks friggin' great!!! That is some serious surgury on that door panel. Can't wait to see how good they look after you do a little massaging on those panels. :fing34:

This is turning into one of the baddest installs here on SSA .. lots of pictures that people can learn a lot from , I'm liking this a lot J ! Keep up the excelent work !

a +1 right back at ya .

Those poor doors, they have been through so much and are tremblin' waiting to see what's goin' to happen to them next. Looks friggin' great!!! That is some serious surgury on that door panel. Can't wait to see how good they look after you do a little massaging on those panels. :fing34:

I can't wait to start finishing the panels, BUT I spent most of the last week doing ALOT of testing to make sure there is NO panel resonation left in the door.:wacko: KILL, KILL, KILL.

This is turning into one of the baddest installs here on SSA .. lots of pictures that people can learn a lot from , I'm liking this a lot J ! Keep up the excelent work !

a +1 right back at ya .

Thanks for the kind words!!

I am working on the tuning side of the install ALOT also. Now I understand why ppl say it can take months to tune. (especially for the noob ):)

I am working on the tuning side of the install ALOT also. Now I understand why ppl say it can take months to tune. (especially for the noob ):)

I tried to warn you, but at the same time let you know at least its fun!

I tried to warn you, but at the same time let you know at least its fun!

The results are also proving to be worth the effort as you told me too.:) The sound stage just gets better and better!!

Wow that is one beefed up door! Those 12" mid bass' should be monstrous!

Keep up the great work. :drink40: