Bob345

18" sonotube subbox? Is it possible

I just wanted to know if it was possible to make a sonotube enclosure for an 18" fi q. It will be powered by a aq 1200d. I just want to know if it's possible or will the tube flex too much

if it's sealed it can be done easily, but for a ported box.. it would be huuuge or really weird.

could take a piece of mdf and do a giant kerf to make a cylinder. i've seen it done but not for an 18. i think it could stand up quite well if u reinforce it with fg inside and build it well. as for a sono tube of that size i have no clue..

I just wanted to know if it was possible to make a sonotube enclosure for an 18" fi q. It will be powered by a aq 1200d. I just want to know if it's possible or will the tube flex too much

me and shizzzon, recently have done some testing with 12" x 4' concrete form tubes.. If you yell in them or talk in them is has a resonate sound. But Its with 1 15" dc and a 3k AQ, And 5 1/2 cuft net.. and the tube barely flexes.. They wont resonate..as you would think they would... And yes you could do the 18 in one but you would have to make a ring around it to mount it.. also you will have to cut the port a few time to test if it will be possible.

Edit- What vehicle do you have?

Edited by Dizzzle

you will need to resin the tube to support the pressure and using it as an enclosure vs a port is 2 totally different things.

You may also need to brace the outside tube in case it wants to flex if fiberglassing the outside doesn't help.