JBurt09

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 "Classic" - Bass without blowthrough

Got a friend that has a 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Classic and he already had some JL Audio ZR components installed (if you would even call them installed.The work was HORRRRIBLE).He initially came to me wanting as much CLEAN,LOW bass as possible without having to cut into the bed or giving up any seat space.I immediately thought of the Digital Designs 1008b's.After a few phone calls with Steve over at DD we got something worked up mapped out.After popping a few panels inside and seeing the pitiful quality of the work inside, my buddy agreed to let me strip everything out and re-install all the existing equipment.

Now, on with the pics......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I'll see what I can get these things to do ;)

Edited by JBurt09

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Optima Battery up front.

17.jpg

Stinger HPM 1/0 AWG wire to the back.

18.jpg

19.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

24.jpg

JL Audio ZR650-CSi mid

25.jpg

26.jpg

JL Audio ZR650-CSi tweeter

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

If you've ever done work with the JL ZR components, you know what a pain in the *** it is to try and hide the GARGANTUAN crossovers.It's not a problem if you are doing an install where you aren't trying to hide them, but show them rather for cosmetic appeal, but that wasn't the case here.I still stashed them completely out of sight, but, again, they are a pain to work with.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

Mid-console piece

34.jpg

+ PAC Audio LC1

35.jpg

= Sub knob ;)

36.jpg

37.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

Back door

41.jpg

I ALWAYS have people ask me questions about how I run the wire through the back doors on these GM vehicles with the harnesses in the door molex.It isn't anything complicated, but I figured this would help people out if they were wondering the same.This is not the ONLY way to do it while retaining the factory harness, I want to make that clear.You can also use a micro die grinder and bore out a spot were there are un-used pins.It just depends on how many wires you are running through and what size.

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

Looks good man! I like where you hid the passive crossovers.

I see you went with the "Shallow" mount DD's. tongue.gif

Looks good man! I like where you hid the passive crossovers.

I see you went with the "Shallow" mount DD's. tongue.gif

Thanks man.I do a lot of work with a lot of Focal stuff, and their crossovers aren't NEAR as big, so I can usually get away with mounting the crossovers right behind the kickpanel, and in front of the pocket behind the rubber barrier, but the ZR crossovers are just so big that you don't have much choice.I love that little pocket back in there though.Most people don't even know it's there but if you do it can help you out a LOT.It's a bit more work to get to, but it keeps everything nice and close.

Ha yeah, the regular 1508's are 3/4 of an inch deeper and require more airspace.I was pretty limited on both, so I went with the 1008s.

:popcorn: tuned in.

I just seen this build on the floridaspl, looking good. I ordered some Stinger HPM wire today, needed new wire anyway. :drink40:

Bass time :)

I just seen this build on the floridaspl, looking good. I ordered some Stinger HPM wire today, needed new wire anyway. :drink40:

Thanks man.FloridaSPL always gets first look at my builds.Where do you get your Stinger stuff from?If you ever need anything that you can't seem to get your hands on, I am a dealer and would be more than happy to help a fellow forum member up

Bass time :)

I agree, so without further ado.....

Coupling the two 10 gauge positive wires from the sub to the one 12 gauge speaker wire

93.jpg

Heatshrinked

94.jpg

And taped ;)

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

98.jpg

99.jpg

100.jpg

Depth when mounted in the box

101.jpg

Looks good and clean!

Looks very good :)

I reposted this on Classifiedzz

Looks good and clean!

Thanks bud.

Thanks for the props here and on the other site man.I see you included my user name and everything on Classifiedzz so it's all good.I like for people to be able to see my builds and the work that I do, so the more people the better ;)

Thanks for the props here and on the other site man.I see you included my user name and everything on Classifiedzz so it's all good.I like for people to be able to see my builds and the work that I do, so the more people the better ;)

I give credit where credit is due :) It's an SSA sister site, so more people to see your work, as it is a very clean installation.

I give credit where credit is due :) It's an SSA sister site, so more people to see your work, as it is a very clean installation.

Thanks man.I see you're an admin on there.Big guy on the site eh? ;) I'll have to see about joining on there.Again, I aprpeciate all the props and positive feedback.I reward you with more pictures :fing34:

102.jpg

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

109.jpg

110.jpg

:drink40:

:drink40:

Ha I saw you lookin'.I was wondering when you were going to pop up and say something.

Very accurate cuts I can see :) Volume? Tuning?