JBurt09

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 "Classic" - Bass without blowthrough

Them DD 8's are beasts!

great install

Thanks man.

Very accurate cuts I can see :) Volume? Tuning?

The box consists of two separate chambers, divided by a brace in the middle of the box.Each sub has exactly .8 cubes after displacement, with the port being 4" x 2" and tuned to 32 Hz ;)

Them DD 8's are beasts!

I'm EXTREMELY impressed by them.The 1508s are even bigger haha.

Ahh lower than DD recommended 38 Hz. tuning... I love it :D

Ahh lower than DD recommended 38 Hz. tuning... I love it :D

Actually those are the commands right out of Steve's mouth haha.These aren't regular 1008b's though ;)

Edited by JBurt09

Props, props, props! Clean wire job, everything looks precise!

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

My friend wires his amps jus lik this one I lik..very clean.how are the focal components are they any good? Great build

Props, props, props! Clean wire job, everything looks precise!

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

Thanks a lot man.I appreciate it.

My friend wires his amps jus lik this one I lik..very clean.how are the focal components are they any good? Great build

Thanks man.These are the JL Audio ZRs, but the Focal components are very nice.Even their entry level stuff, the Access series, gets pretty loud and still sounds very nice and crisp.My favorite series is the Polyglass series, in particular the 165VRs.Tons of nice midbass and get pretty loud while retaining every bit of sound quality, and they won't leave you having to pull a loan from the bank.

Clean Ride !!! :fing34:

Thanks.I'll have to get some picture of the outside.It's a nice ride all around.

ME likey, likey!!! You did a great job with the installation, even the things people won't see, but still matter!! I am a neat freak also when it comes to wiring, SO PROPS there.trink40.gif

I love the choice of equipment also. 5 stars baby!!!smile.gif

ME likey, likey!!! You did a great job with the installation, even the things people won't see, but still matter!! I am a neat freak also when it comes to wiring, SO PROPS there.trink40.gif

Thanks buddy.I'm a huge believer of doing things right the first time and building my setups to last so you never have to go back in to fix anything.

I see you have a 2nd gen Xterra in your sig.I have an '05 SE.Have you done anything to yours?Believe it or not, you can fit 16 12s in the back and still keep the back seats.Ask me how I know ;)

Very nice! Box looks great! Great job!

Thanks buddy.I'm a huge believer of doing things right the first time and building my setups to last so you never have to go back in to fix anything.

I see you have a 2nd gen Xterra in your sig.I have an '05 SE.Have you done anything to yours?Believe it or not, you can fit 16 12s in the back and still keep the back seats.Ask me how I know wink.gif

The Xterra is the Wifeys car........for now. ITS starting to show it's age though!! SO maybe when she gets something new I will turn the Xterra into an SPL beast since I already have an SQ car. biggrin.gif

Doesn't sound like I need to ask about the 16 12s. I will remember that.tongue.gif

Very nice! Box looks great! Great job!

Thanks man.

By the way I hollered at Jake and his main question was if I had a storefront to rep and sell his equipment out of, which I don't, so I don't think he was interested in having me carry his equipment the way I was explaining.For these jobs out of the shop at the house.I will still keep an eye out for awesome deals or jobs I could possibly use some Sundown equipment in, as I've never used any of it before, and see if I may be able to work out something with a nearby Sundown dealer on some more appealing pricing.

Xterra is the Wifeys car........for now. ITS starting to show it's age though!! SO maybe when she gets something new I will turn the Xterra into an SPL beast since I already have an SQ car. biggrin.gif

Doesn't sound like I need to ask about the 16 12s. I will remember that.tongue.gif

It's a bit of a pain with the way the voltage monitoring is setup.It is through a device near the battery on the ground wire that goes to the battery, which manages the current flow and then controls the alternators output.Not as simple as just running a big 3, though many people do that with no acknowledgement of the voltage monitoring device.Oh well.They will learn sooner or later when their alternators are way overcharging their back batteries because it senses that the front one is having a great deal of current drained from it ;)

Xterra is the Wifeys car........for now. ITS starting to show it's age though!! SO maybe when she gets something new I will turn the Xterra into an SPL beast since I already have an SQ car. biggrin.gif

It's a bit of a pain with the way the voltage monitoring is setup.It is through a device near the battery on the ground wire that goes to the battery, which manages the current flow and then controls the alternators output.Not as simple as just running a big 3, though many people do that with no acknowledgement of the voltage monitoring device.Oh well.They will learn sooner or later when their alternators are way overcharging their back batteries because it senses that the front one is having a great deal of current drained from it wink.gif

So what is your solution to the problem?

On my honda the ECU shuts off the alternator when it senses a drop in power demand, not really a problem though on the HOnda concidering when the volume is cranked, the alternator is definetly feeling a draw.

It's a bit of a pain with the way the voltage monitoring is setup.It is through a device near the battery on the ground wire that goes to the battery, which manages the current flow and then controls the alternators output.Not as simple as just running a big 3, though many people do that with no acknowledgement of the voltage monitoring device.Oh well.They will learn sooner or later when their alternators are way overcharging their back batteries because it senses that the front one is having a great deal of current drained from it wink.gif

So what is your solution to the problem?

On my honda the ECU shuts off the alternator when it senses a drop in power demand, not really a problem though on the HOnda concidering when the volume is cranked, the alternator is definetly feeling a draw.

I'll have to PM you or email you all the information, as there is lots, haha.It isn't like just a small configuration though.It is lots and lots of additional wiring and modifications to be done, so I don't want to get your hopes up that it is a quick alteration and PRESTO your done haha.

Very nice install and attention to detail. We see a lot of Silverado trucks come through the shop I work at, so it's nice to see other cool tricks with those trucks. I've never done an install with the ZRs, but I've work with the XR 3 ways and those crossovers are larger sized. We do a lot of Focal at our shop too, Very nice speakers. :)

:peepwall:

:drink40:

Ha I saw you lookin'.I was wondering when you were going to pop up and say something.

Very nice install and attention to detail. We see a lot of Silverado trucks come through the shop I work at, so it's nice to see other cool tricks with those trucks. I've never done an install with the ZRs, but I've work with the XR 3 ways and those crossovers are larger sized. We do a lot of Focal at our shop too, Very nice speakers. :)

Thanks man.I love working on these trucks.Focal has a lot of nice stuff, but Hertz seems to be knocking them down left and right in a lot of places.They have a long standing name to speak for them though, so I don't really see Hertz ever taking that from them.

:peepwall:

Peeping little ninja eh?

Hertz huh? Haven't heard too many of their speakers. Actually probably only one set, and that was a long time ago. I'll have to look into them a little bit.

Hertz huh? Haven't heard too many of their speakers. Actually probably only one set, and that was a long time ago. I'll have to look into them a little bit.

Hertz and Audison actually.That's a nice avatar by the way.Where did ya get it? :captain:

College Humor Lonnnng ago. It's been my avatar ever since entering the forum world :)