whodat

Linear Power & Blues Car Audio

I appreciate the well wishes everyone.....just to make sure the record is straight, by my count I only have 462 points but I hope to add to that total this weekend. There are some other competitors who are close and could pass me still, but I'm going to do my best and hopefully I can stay in the top three by finals.

I have been busy the past few days building a new car to take to shows....the car belongs to Logan Surratt, he's my girlfriend's son. It's a 1990 Ford Probe with a pair of Linear Power amplifiers, a 952 on a pair of coaxials I had stashed in a closet and a 1502iq on a pair of original Blues 8's in the hatch. I'm going to enter him in Intro SQ+ this weekend and hopefully he'll do well.

There will also be a new SQ car at the show this weekend and I'm anxious to hear it. It's a Trailblazer SS, but that's all I know at this point. I hope to meet the person who owns it and welcome them to SQ comps and encourage them to support the sport as much as they can.

Thanks again for all the well wishes....it makes all the hard work worth it. :drink40:

:fing34:

Rich just keeps knockin' em down. Another win this past weekend. :drink40: Another new judge wow'ed. Can you say World Points Leader in SQ for USACi? :bow28:

:) :)

:drink40:

Thanks guys....I'm just doing what I can to help get the products out there and to try and show the younger guys who are just starting out that there's more to audio than just burping a number on a meter. I had several people sit in the truck over the weekend and all liked what they heard.

I'll be in Tulsa this weekend (9/19/10) at Import Face Off and hopefully I'll do well down there. (Steve you have dibs on listening time!) :fing34: After that, I'll be in Jackson, MS for Chilaxin' in Jackson on 9/25/10 and if possible in KCMO on 9/26/10 for the KCIR High School Drags where they have some AWESOME cars show up for the racing.

Hopefully I'll get to meet some of the people from the forum at the shows or at finals, just look for the black truck with the old guy next to it. :sleepwerd4:

Till then....happy listening! :drink40:

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Talked to Rich last night. He won Tulsa. :drink40: Rich, see ya at the house this weekend for Chilaxin' in Jackson.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I have made a change in the truck which according to the judge made a difference in the sound in Tulsa. I swapped the amps from 2.2HV's to DPS500's, and the stage was "wider and deeper" and the midrange was improved. I didn't even have the amps matched to the PA-II!They were just set by ear for the show. I'll try to gain match them before the show in Jackson and hopefully that will improve it some more.

Now I have to get my behind outside and remake the amp panels so the wires match up with the holes! The 2.2HV wires come out in a different spot than the DPS500 so the wiring looked like spaghetti this weekend at the show. I'll have that fixed before finals. Also got my invite yesterday so I'll see everyone in Shreveport! :drink40:

Thanks again everyone for all the support, it makes all the work worth it! And just so everyone knows, I couldn't have gotten here without all the help from my friends and especially the help of my girlfirend Kim! She stood by me and helped me through everything and I couldn't have done this without her! Thank you for being there and I love you! :wub:

I swapped the amps from 2.2HV's to DPS500's, and the stage was "wider and deeper" and the midrange was improved.

:peepwall:

I would have to go look to be sure, but I think it's 15 & 2...the only one that really counts is finals when I go up against all the other cars that I haven't seen this year. I'm hopeful I'll do well, but I'm not going to count chickens until they hatch!

I'm just going to keep doing what I've been doing and show the truck as best I can, make the install look as good as possible, detail the crap outta the truck and hope for the best! No matter what happens at finals I've had a great time at all the shows this year and look forward to competing next year with my Altima. (it's waaay more comfortable on a long trip)

Whodat, are you going to be at finals?

I swapped the amps from 2.2HV's to DPS500's, and the stage was "wider and deeper" and the midrange was improved.

:peepwall:

Let's just say that Ray has been experimenting. And my truck gets used for A/B testing before Rich's gets the final result. Our trucks are pretty the same in front of the B-pillar (same dash, windshield, A-pillars, doors), with the exception of my Crew Cab and his regular cab. Unfortunely we are in the same class (Modified Q) at Nationals. :ohnoes9:

:drink40:

Rich won Jackson on Saturday and I would be very surprised if he didn't win Sunday. :drink40: I haven't talked with him yet about Sunday's show. We ran in different classes in Jackson, but compared score sheets, he got me by 8 points.

That is quite a roll.

Saturday's show was a blast !!! Glad to see everyone there !!! Can't wait to see everyone at Finals, This should be a good one !!! :drink40:

What does your system consist of 6APPEAL?

I know hes got a but load of sound deadning (and not done yet), Linear Power DPS 500 on a BluesCA 6.5 component set, Linear Power DPS 200 on 1 BluesCA 10 sub.

I heard it this weekend. Sounds Awesome, very clear, and serious attention to detail (Sound Quality and Install) ...

I'm shure he will be here in a bit to fill in the blanks. :drink40:

I'm also glad we are in different classes ... :fing34:

I had always heard the 2.2HV was suppose to be "THE" amplifier from LP for front stage being the reason they seem to sell for so much and are highly sought after. It surprises me that you guys are all switching over to the DPS500. Is it really that much better?

I know there was a DPS500 on ebay recently for $450-500, while the 2.2HV's sell in the $600-800 range.