whodat

Linear Power & Blues Car Audio

I've been told that several times, but I have an addiction...if you saw my closet and storage unit you would understand. John can tell you how hard it is for me to sell ANYTHING that has Linear Power on it.

One of these days I'll pony up and get a kick butt head unit for the truck, but for now it does just fine for me.

If I could find a working 7909 or Denon top shelf unit for the plus or minus $200 price I paid for my Kenwood, I'd be all over it. If you find one in good shape that works for that price, PLEASE let me know.

Keep an eye out for a Rockford Fosgate RFX-8240. It's a rebadged Denon and can normally be found for $250 or so when they come back up for sale. I can't recall which Denon model it is off hand, but it was one of the better models and had an MSRP of $900-$1k.

The RFX-8250 was a slightly "upgraded" model, but they are normally in the $500+ range now (MSRP was something like $1300).

They were blown out by desertaudio on ebay as well as sounddomain a few years ago at ridiculous prices, and as a result still go pretty cheap (albeit not blowout cheap anymore) when they come up for sale. Neither are a Z1, but still quality Denon decks that have "Rockford" screened on the face.

Thanks for the info, I did not know those units were that good. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

Thanks for the info, I did not know those units were that good. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

You can search for "Denford" too. Some people called those RF badged units that.

That's actually a pretty good price for the 8250 nowadays. Wish I would have bought one when SD had them for $300 :(

Though I can't complain, I paid $135 for my 8240, used it for 8 months then turned around and sold it on fleabay for $280 :D

That's actually a pretty good price for the 8250 nowadays. Wish I would have bought one when SD had them for $300 :(

Though I can't complain, I paid $135 for my 8240, used it for 8 months then turned around and sold it on fleabay for $280 :D

Wow.

I was reading over on the bluescaraudio site that Rich didn't even place at World Finals due to headunit issues. I wonder if we jinxed him with all the headunit upgrade talk????

I was reading over on the bluescaraudio site that Rich didn't even place at World Finals due to headunit issues. I wonder if we jinxed him with all the headunit upgrade talk????

Plans are in the works to resolve the issue once and for all. His system is far too good to have not placed. :WTFBubble: Issues at another show would have been preferred, but that's the way the chips fell. :suicide-santa: Needless to say, once the issue was resolved, his system never failed to impress.

I found while showing the truck to someone that the DSP had been turned on instead of off like it should have been. When the DSP chip is engaged in my truck, the upper midrange and treble become somewhat harsh to the ear and the staging becomes not as focused. I have been going over everything I touched over the last two weeks and for the life of me cannot figure out how it turned on. I guess it's just one of those things that happen at unfortunate times.

Congrats to John on his win, he definately deserves it! :drink40:

Plans are in the works to resolve the issue once and for all. His system is far too good to have not placed. :WTFBubble: Issues at another show would have been preferred, but that's the way the chips fell. :suicide-santa: Needless to say, once the issue was resolved, his system never failed to impress.

Congrats on your win this year bro !!! Thank you for your help this year !!!

Congrats on your win this year bro !!! Thank you for your help this year !!!

:thanx:

You gotta step it up. Like Steve said, you are sooooo close to the big boys you should be able to taste it. It was just 2 points to 5th and a couple of more to 4th!!!! You had a big target on your back after last year with your low budget system that smoked some high $$$ systems. Not saying you gotta spend big $$$ to keep up with them. Rich's and my systems do not have the money in them that other systems in our class had, just a ton of time, effort, and attention to the details. So start making plans, bounce 'em off the Team and we'll work make it happen. Don't wait too long or you'll get lost in the shuffle of the new systems being planned and built. I'm already making plans for my changes based on what I saw and heard this year.

John

Thanks bro !!! yep, I got some work to do 4 shure !!!

Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio at the 2010 USACI World Finals ... :rockwoot:

DSC04377.jpg

Please check out this link when you get a chance ... :rockwoot:

http://www.12voltnews.com/?p=16363

Blues Car Audio and Linear Power at USACI 2010 Finals

Members of the Linear Power and Blues Team at the USACi Finals. (L to R) TJ LaChartte, Steve Carnahan, Richard Nye, Ray Rayfield, John Neal, Herman Smith and Randal Johnson.

Shreveport, LA (10.25.10) – Blues Car Audio by Linear Power, Inc. is proud to announce the results of their competition team participation in the USACI World Finals.

A strong showing was made in Shreveport by the Linear Power / Blues Car Audio competition team with six vehicles qualified and five competing in the event. The sixth, Ray Rayfield’s Ford Escape, was on display in the Blues Car Audio booth. They were the largest team at the World Finals and took home the trophy for team championship. The team was recognized with eight awards.

LinearPower, definitely a “power” from the past had a substantial presence on the event floor. Ray Rayfield is leading a group that is relaunching the brand. Rayfield told 12voltnews.com “We are now shipping our Blues speakers -subs to 10″, separates and a component set. Linear amplifiers will be shipping after the first of the year. All of our products are designed and built in the US of A. Our products are all about reproducing music. The dealers we presently have on board find our approach refreshing – and profitable.”

Awards

John Neal – World Champion for Mod Q

Richard Nye – Region 6 overall and World SQ Point Champion

Randal Johnson – Region 2 SQ Point Champion

Herman Smith – World Champion for Intro SQ+

TJ Lacharite – Third place in Super Mod SQ+ and third place in Open SPL

Ray Rayfield with the Blues speaker line that is now shipping.

It a field heavily saturated with boom and flash the products and vehicles brought by Blues and Linear Power were strongly focused on sound quality and reliability. These vehicles attracted much attention due to their different approach to demonstrating products. Not one Blues speaker or Linear Power amplifier was damaged during a long weekend of hard abuse. TJ Lacharite was even asked to “turn it down” for the SPL awards.

Linear Power, Inc. and the Blues Car Audio product line are headed strong into 2011 starting with the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, NV. January 6 – 9. The competition team will be expanding its numbers in the coming year so look to see them at USACI, IASCA, and MECA events in 2011.

This momentum comes right before the highly anticipated release of the brand new line of Linear Power amplifiers.

All Linear Power amplifiers and Blues drivers are designed in house and built in the USA.

www.bluescaraudio.com www.linearpower.com

Just thought I would bring this over from Car Audio Forum, this is Mark LaFountain's personal review of the Linear Power and Blues equipment, the full tread can be viewed on that forum, as well as, pics of the new amps and speaker systems.

Mark LaFountain:

Select this post for moderation Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

"Sorry about the late response guys, been a bit hecktic around my parts. Anyways, I would like to share my thoughts on the speakers and the Linear Crew.

On first appearance, I thought these speakers looked like some old school mids that some one had plucked out of a time capsule. Then Ray (Owner) started telling me everything that makes these speakers unique, especially the crossover units in the component sets. Wow, I didn't know there was that much that even went into it lol. Ray, along with the rest of the guys are very very passionate about their products and spent, from what I could tell, a large portion of their time listening and tweaking their products. Which is a huge plus in my book, showing the determination to make the "perfect" product.

On first listening, I thought they were increadibly clear and pronounced. Not to bright, not to dull. Just around right. , after listening to them in the suite at the hotel, I couldn't take it anymore, I had to hear them in the real world application.

After jumping into Ray's truck first, I was just amazed at how good they sounded. Me being a bass head of course asked Ray to turn it up, even at full crank they were not to bright, and never broke up the entire time, wether we were listening to soft rock or AC/DC. They held their own and the sound, was amazing.

Then we jumped into Mr. World's Truck , WOW is all I can say. I can see how this truck would win it's class at worlds. It was nothing short of amazing. The kick drum, the clarity, the quiteness, the loudness, all at the same time. WOW, like nothing i've heard before. (mind you, i'm used to 10k+ systems). Even with 250w's (If I remember right), these sounded almost as loud as my front stage. I have around 2k rms on mine lol.

In summary, these products sounded great and did the job above and beyond IMO, and the fact that the team behind is is so passionate about it, was very impressive. I would highly reccomend these products to anyone who is in love with their audio like me"

(By the way, the amp was the new LP2150, which is not a 250 x 2 but a 150 x 2 amplifier rated at RMS power at 12 volts)

Edited by whodat