pdubb

Comp box for 2 15" type r's

Planing on tuning it to almost 42 hz.

This will be a competition box for my 04 jeep liberty. Subs up port back left.

My question is what type of sq foot should i use for this box. Alpine's site says use around 2.5^2 per sub in a ported enclosure. Also if it matters im planning on running these off of a Sundown SAZ 2500d

Planing on tuning it to almost 42 hz.

This will be a competition box for my 04 jeep liberty. Subs up port back left.

My question is what type of cubic foot should i use for this box. Alpine's site says use around 2.5^3 per sub in a ported enclosure. Also if it matters im planning on running these off of a Sundown SAZ 2500d

fixed.

fixed at 2.5 cubes per?

You want box volume right? That's cubic, ^3 not squared or ^2. :gayhaaay1:

ugh typo, yea i want cubic feet haha

Hmmmm For pure SPL.

A net total of 3^3 with, external aero ports tuned to the vehicles resonant frequency. Subs up port back in middle, with 6"-7" between port and back wall. With amp wired at lowest ohm possible.

i still want some what of a daily system. i was thinking the box idea sounded good. but i would probably do dual 4s wired down to 1 ohm, instead of doing dual 2's wired to .5 ohm....or do you think i could get away with .5 ohm daily

i think im going to get dual 2's and run 2 ohm daily and .5 ohm on a burp, and a saz 3000d

i think im going to get dual 2's and run 2 ohm daily and .5 ohm on a burp, and a saz 3000d

I'd be careful with those Type-R's I'm not sure how they do with being burped on more than quadruple their power.

IICRC they're only 2.5" coils, not really made for SPL.

Also if you blow them, they are PAPERWEIGHTS Alpine does not make recones. I know this for a fact, friend had 4 alpine type R 12's, called em' they won't recone them nor do they sell the recones. Also no one I know of actually makes the recones for them.

Hmmmm For pure SPL.

A net total of 3^3 with, external aero ports tuned to the vehicles resonant frequency. Subs up port back in middle, with 6"-7" between port and back wall. With amp wired at lowest ohm possible.

1.5cf PER 15 ?

That is TINY...IMHO go for double that. Efficiency is your friend.

Hmmmm For pure SPL.

1.5cf PER 15 ?

Do you need to worry about efficiency when your giving subs 4x rated power? I don't think so.

Hmmmm For pure SPL.

1.5cf PER 15 ?

Do you need to worry about efficiency when your giving subs 4x rated power? I don't think so.

Yeah you do if your chasing tenths.

the 15"s are 750 rms and 2000 max...idk how much gain sundown amps have going from 1 ohm down to a .5 ohm

now that im thinking about it, i might just recone my 12" btl to a 15" dual 1s and run it at 2 ohm daily and 0.5 ohm in competition

do you guys think the 15" btl on about a 4k burp would be louder than 2 type r 15"s on a 3-3.5k burp.....both in the optimal SPL box

Edited by pdubb