mrray13

rls pics

o my fuc.king goosh

i'm buying two......fluck that i getting them.....i'm reaallly thinking about not paying my rent

If only you had a better camera.....

My bro took an excursion vid of my friends SE, he turned up the FPS, makes it look way way better.

i don't think they are bad considering those vids are off my dig camera, not a digi camcorder. and i've got the resolution turned down so that the vids aren't 20mb+ big....

picky, picky..lol.. :okasshat:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I have no problem with 20mb vids.

cable internet for teh win !

I have no problem with 20mb vids.

cable internet for teh win !

yeah, but i don't wanna sit here for 30 minutes uploading one..lol...768/128 dsl for t3h lose!!

Hey what happened to my question/post. Did I ask something bad? Damn lost post, what did I do with it???? :Doh:

Hey what happened to my question/post. Did I ask something bad? Damn lost post, what did I do with it???? :Doh:

if u find it, let us know...ok?

The problem is I can't remember it exactly. Basically it was asking you how changing the box configuration affected a change in the sound output of a woofer but refering to the peak. Basically based on your comments on output what would be needed to drop the peak to say 28-34hz? But if you would please elaborate like increasing the box volume lowers the peak or keeping the box the same but increasing the size of the port lowers the peak or whatever it really is. I hope you understand what I am talking about. Anyways, thanks....for the review too....although an AP encloser would give you like 5 extra cool points....wink wink nudge nudge....buddy ol pal (j/k, I think I might go ahead and get an RLS and do it myself, but I also want to experiment with making like a 2 cube ported box and see if I can use an AP membrane to trick the woofer into thinking it is in a much larger box)

The problem is I can't remember it exactly. Basically it was asking you how changing the box configuration affected a change in the sound output of a woofer but refering to the peak. Basically based on your comments on output what would be needed to drop the peak to say 28-34hz? But if you would please elaborate like increasing the box volume lowers the peak or keeping the box the same but increasing the size of the port lowers the peak or whatever it really is. I hope you understand what I am talking about. Anyways, thanks....for the review too....although an AP encloser would give you like 5 extra cool points....wink wink nudge nudge....buddy ol pal (j/k, I think I might go ahead and get an RLS and do it myself, but I also want to experiment with making like a 2 cube ported box and see if I can use an AP membrane to trick the woofer into thinking it is in a much larger box)

well, in this current application, according to the TL, the peak is at 34hz..a larger box would indeed drop it, and flatten out the total response curve. go large enough, and you won't have a peak.

port size will affect teh peak because, as you know, that's how the box is tuned. tune higher, peak higher. tune lower, peak lower. and the lower you tune, the larger the box has to be to maintain any given volume. so it kinda goes hand in hand.

i honestly don't know enough about AP boxes to want to give it a try, lol. though in the name of saving space, that would be a good option. however, based upon my current experience, for a DD application, a larger box might not be all that necessary. something in the 2.5-3 cube range, tuned about 32hz, would make an awesome daily driver. to be honest, if you have enough midbass, in my wife's truck the factory bose woofers handle that nicely, then a 25-28hz tuning would be plenty.

i might try an AP enclosure later on, when i can afford one of these drivers. and one will get bought, that i can assure ya. they are just that nice.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

AP wouldn't work in a hatchback type vehicle. Similar to IB, you have to have a way to permanently isolate the front and rear waves. Only way I could see doing that in this type of vehicle would be a door or tailgate mount. Possibly even the floor, but what's the point with this type of driver?

I would love to see this in a PR setup though. I know Mike can get his hands on some custom built ones.

So, for those of us who don't care about enclosure size (*cough cough*) and are looking for the ultimate SQ alignment for this thing, what should we be looking at?

I *really* like the idea of a single driver like this capable of destruction. There's something about saying..."Oh, it's only one 15" :)"

So, for those of us who don't care about enclosure size (*cough cough*) and are looking for the ultimate SQ alignment for this thing, what should we be looking at?

I *really* like the idea of a single driver like this capable of destruction. There's something about saying..."Oh, it's only one 15" :)"

going by what happened with the 12...i'd say an enclosure in the 5.5-6ft^3 range would be ideal. i'd also suggest about 60in^2 of port. and if ur wanting ultimate destruction, tune about 25hz. but this is for ur van.

in a smaller vehicle, a 4ft^3, tuned about 32hz enclosure would probably be mind numbing, lol.

sealed, no less then 3ft^3, probably suggest in the 3.5ft^3 range. 4ft^3 would probably be ideal in ur van.

and u've got plenty of power!

u need one, lol, bad!

well, in this current application, according to the TL, the peak is at 34hz..a larger box would indeed drop it, and flatten out the total response curve. go large enough, and you won't have a peak.

port size will affect teh peak because, as you know, that's how the box is tuned. tune higher, peak higher. tune lower, peak lower. and the lower you tune, the larger the box has to be to maintain any given volume. so it kinda goes hand in hand.

i honestly don't know enough about AP boxes to want to give it a try, lol. though in the name of saving space, that would be a good option. however, based upon my current experience, for a DD application, a larger box might not be all that necessary. something in the 2.5-3 cube range, tuned about 32hz, would make an awesome daily driver. to be honest, if you have enough midbass, in my wife's truck the factory bose woofers handle that nicely, then a 25-28hz tuning would be plenty.

i might try an AP enclosure later on, when i can afford one of these drivers. and one will get bought, that i can assure ya. they are just that nice.

Don't bother putting that thing in an AP, would be a waste of effort.

no point in having a leaky sealed box...

for anything other then hard core sq....