Sign in to follow this  
arntsmag

4 fi q 12s ported or 6 sealed

overall , sound quality but didnt know if i could get about the same output with a ported box with 4 instead of the 6 sealed. and also am wanted the most low end out of it as i can so i figured ported again, but ive never used the q before so i have no idea. i hear that it will do just find sealed on the low end but we all know ported is the way to go for the lows.

You don't want Q's. You want BL's.

Do 4 Fi BL 12"s ported

so can the bls play lower then the qs, without having to go much bigger with the box?

Go check the Fi website.

But you want loud and low. BL's can do that.

i just figured that with an fs of 33 and an xmax of 28mm for the q and a fs of 39 and an xmax of 18mm for the bl that the q would win that 1.....no idea tho.?????????????

so can the bls play lower then the qs, without having to go much bigger with the box?

It's realy install dependent. The q's can definitly get real low in a seald box. I got a q 18 and it gets loud and low. But still in the end it is all about buildig a quality box to get the sound you want.

It's realy install dependent. The q's can definitly get real low in a seald box. I got a q 18 and it gets loud and low. But still in the end it is all about buildig a quality box to get the sound you want.

so you personally, would you do 4 ported or 6 sealed?

4 ported with a proper box and rms power.

I see m5 hasn't been here yet. So I'll say it for him. 4-12's on 6k isn't SQ. If you really want SQ focus on your front stage. But if you want loud and clean I'd go with the 4 ported over the 6 sealed.

4 ported is easily louder than 6 sealed. But if you're wanting to overpower the speakers so much (over 2000 watts per sub), you're barking up the wrong tree with the Q. You will fry them.

I see m5 hasn't been here yet. So I'll say it for him. 4-12's on 6k isn't SQ. If you really want SQ focus on your front stage. But if you want loud and clean I'd go with the 4 ported over the 6 sealed.

:peepwall:ROFL

Get 4 Bl's and a custom ported box : you'll love them !

Don't tune the box to high.

4 ported is easily louder than 6 sealed. But if you're wanting to overpower the speakers so much (over 2000 watts per sub), you're barking up the wrong tree with the Q. You will fry them.

:P

6000/4=1500w

9000/6=1500w

:peepwall: :peepwall: :peepwall:

oh, my bad i glanced over the "ported on 6k" and though it was either 4 ported or 6 sealed on 9k.

Sign in to follow this