Blown JL12W6

140 db set up on a single Fi Q12?

Ported...

But why care about numbers? Listen to music for what it is...SPL stuff sounds horrible and is..pointless :)

If it sounds good and gets loud enough for you shouldn't that be what's more important?

Very true. Im a SQ/SPL guy, but it would be nice to surprise a few competitors on a DB drag using a single 12" @ 140 DB. :D

I don't know how accurate my Iphone's SPL meter is but when I measured last time, it only reads around 95-100db. between 35-40 HZ.

x2 but that's just personal opinion. I'll never understand the people that drop 30k+ into a setup that plays 1 tone. But to each their own! :drink40: I like loud, but only if it sounds good doing it.

And spl depends on way to many things. Its all about the build and what vehicle its going into.

Very true. Im a SQ/SPL guy, but it would be nice to surprise a few competitors on a DB drag using a single 12" @ 140 DB. :D

I don't know how accurate my Iphone's SPL meter is but when I measured last time, it only reads around 95-100db. between 35-40 HZ.

Don't ever use that again or you may awaken the ///M5...

If you're chasing numbers you picked the WRONG woofer to do it with.

So your saying this Fi Q12 couldn't reach 140 db? :ehh:

No, I'm saying you picked the wrong woofer to chase numbers with. I never said anything about not being able to do it.

Good luck, though. My buddy has 2 15 Qs on 2200rms and was doing 143s. I'd be very impressed to see a single 12 do 140s.

No, I'm saying you picked the wrong woofer to chase numbers with. I never said anything about not being able to do it.

Good luck, though. My buddy has 2 15 Qs on 2200rms and was doing 143s. I'd be very impressed to see a single 12 do 140s.

My buddy had a single 12 Q running a 139 windows up on the windshield with a TL. This was in an extended cab Toyota Tacoma. I'm sure he broke 140 with the windows down. I think he had about 1200 RMS on the sub, and the box was something like 2.6 cuft tuned to 33. The funny thing is that he now has a BTL 15. So if you want loud, just get a BL or BTL now.

Also, my DD 9512g did a 140.4 in the kick with about 1100 watts after voltage drop. With a better designed box, better electrical, and my pre-ordered SAZ 2500. I'm shooting for 144s! :woot:

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

Even though its a musical sub, it doesn't mean that design won't get you loud on the mic.

IIRC, tommyk did over a 150 with a 12" Q.

My buddy had a single 12 Q running a 139 windows up on the windshield with a TL. This was in an extended cab Toyota Tacoma. I'm sure he broke 140 with the windows down. I think he had about 1200 RMS on the sub, and the box was something like 2.6 cuft tuned to 33. The funny thing is that he now has a BTL 15. So if you want loud, just get a BL or BTL now.

Also, my DD 9512g did a 140.4 in the kick with about 1100 watts after voltage drop. With a better designed box, better electrical, and my pre-ordered SAZ 2500. I'm shooting for 144s! :woot:

Thats pretty cool off a single 12. I guess the difference in this situation is the car. The guy I know had them in a 95 caddy deville but he just got a 18" NS. (CaddyMatt here on the forums)

Again, it all depends on the install and the vehicle its in. 1 12 in a sealed up trunk, probably not. But then again look at the thread with the guy running 2 SA-12's doing 150s! So you never know. 1-12 in a pick-up truck, very do able. Look at what Im Hung's buddy did with a box tuned low and voltage issues. While I think its cool when people put up big numbers, I am far more impressed when someone pulls it off from a trunk in a 4 door car or an suv. No offense intended to anyone, but who couldn't get loud in a crx or a truck. Hell the TL is only 3 1/2 feet away! lol

From what i can remember there was a thread somewhere in either the review section or FI Section and this guy in a single cab truck was hitting around 138 or 139 with a 12 Q.

Or maybe it was a 15....

Even though its a musical sub, it doesn't mean that design won't get you loud on the mic.

:gayhaaay1:

I don't know why people cannot believe that install/box design is that a big of a factor.

:gayhaaay1:

I don't know why people cannot believe that install/box design is that a big of a factor.

That and the car it's going in.

The install and box is a very big factor. You might hit 140 you might not it all depends if you want a loud daily driver or something that is a one note wonder it all depends but the Q is not an SPL sub it is a very loud daily driver with a good amount of SQ

i'm hoping to hit around 140 with my setup one btl 12 and my sundown saz2000d we will find out soon

Throw one in a CRX sub up port back tuned high and you'll be pushing 150.

lol yea if i could find a crx in my town that still runs lol id buy one

I built a box for a alpine type-x 12 with stock charging and barely rms in my wife old malibu. Had no trouble doing 140, and 138 on thug motivation 101 - all legal sealed t/l #s, and I'd expect better results from the Q. I wanted to put in a BL and 2kw and bassrace the 39.9 class, but my wife didn't care about it enough and wanted her trunk back.

Often what sounds loud and what meters loud aren't exactly the same though.

I would just build a good daily box and hope for the best. If you don't get the numbers you wanted you can always rebuild a new box or work on the one you have.

i'm hoping to hit around 140 with my setup one btl 12 and my sundown saz2000d we will find out soon

what did you hit.