Impious

Bravox CS60CF Review

Brad, any identification on the crossover components? Are they fused or bulbed?

Well, I don't have a schematic and haven't tried to trace the components on the board, but my rudimentary understanding of passive crossovers would lead me to believe the following:

The large cap and large inductor are a 2nd order lowpass (12db/oct electric slope) for the midwoofer. [outlined in red]

The small cap and small inductor are a 2nd order highpass (12db/oct electric slope) for the tweeter. [outlined in black]

The two resistors are probably for the tweeter attenuation circuit. [outlined in green]

The two polyswitches are tweeter protection [the arrow]

I don't have the ability to measure the inductance of either inductor so I don't have a means by which to nail down the crossover point.

gallery_532_452_169874.jpg

Nice diagram. :)

Are you still planning on running them active?

What kind of power are running to them? When you run active are going to use the factory crossover points?

Edited by C3 Customs

Are you still planning on running them active?

Yes, if (or when) I install them more permanently I would run them active.

What kind of power are running to them? When you run active are going to use the factory crossover points?

Right now I have a Blaupunkt VA-2200 bridged to each channel, which is rated 600w RMS @ 4ohm. So I have 600w per channel to them at the moment. When I switch to active I'll use these for the mids, so I'll have 600w per midwoofer.

I also have a Blaupunkt VA-2100 which when running active will be used to power the tweeters, that is 100w x 2 @ 4ohm.

So when running active, I have an available 1400w+ on my frontstage :)

I don't know for certain where the factory crossover points are. I'm probably going to shoot an email off to Bravox to see if they'll release some information on the tweeter (Fs, etc) and the xover point of the passives and use it as a starting point.

Right now I have a Blaupunkt VA-2200 bridged to each channel, which is rated 600w RMS @ 4ohm. So I have 600w per channel to them at the moment. When I switch to active I'll use these for the mids, so I'll have 600w per midwoofer.

I also have a Blaupunkt VA-2100 which when running active will be used to power the tweeters, that is 100w x 2 @ 4ohm.

So when running active, I have an available 1400w+ on my frontstage :)

I don't know for certain where the factory crossover points are. I'm probably going to shoot an email off to Bravox to see if they'll release some information on the tweeter (Fs, etc) and the xover point of the passives and use it as a starting point.

:o

600 WRMS?

That's how I roll :P

Brad, we should have to review more products in the future. ;)

That's how I roll :P

I have 500 watts on a 100 watt midrange driver as well and have not had any issues for months, if you do it right you will have no issues at all.

Brad, we should have to review more products in the future. ;)

I would like to :)

I haven't changed the setup any as of yet. Got busy working on other projects 'round the house.

I haven't changed the setup any as of yet. Got busy working on other projects 'round the house.

Come on now you should be like me and finish kicks 3 years after you start them LOL

Great review! Probobly one of the more in depth reviews here.

Nice speakers very aggressive without being overly aggressive maybe "musically aggressive" but not fatiguing

Both Brad and I have 603CF's on the way. I cannot wait. :)

Nice speakers very aggressive without being overly aggressive maybe "musically aggressive" but not fatiguing

Me 3 :werd_msword:

Nice, look forward to the install pics & reviews. They are an amazing product!

Should be pretty good. The mid looks interesting. There are a few sets I would say the 2 way were "like" but it is also a bit different because these had 600 watts a side where the others I have heard had about half that and more than likely more tuning. Quality speaker for sure though.

They can't arrive soon enough :drink40:

great review. i was initially going to get the Image Dynamics CTX65CS comp speakers. http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=6201 with the Sundown 125.2 SAZ (i have no need for like 1400 watts for my front stage. lol), but after reading this review... i am thinkin about these. would you recommend these hands down over the ID's? they look nicer. im looking to buy very soon. thanks man.