Impious

Bravox CS60CF Review

could you not get similar results with component drivers in an active setup?

great review. i was initially going to get the Image Dynamics CTX65CS comp speakers. http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=6201 with the Sundown 125.2 SAZ (i have no need for like 1400 watts for my front stage. lol), but after reading this review... i am thinkin about these. would you recommend these hands down over the ID's? they look nicer. im looking to buy very soon. thanks man.

I was going to get the iD XS-65

But at this price, the Bravox are worth a try!

Not without experience or luck, but if you have either or both of course.

Certainly it's possible. But not everyone has the skill or desire to run an active setup. There are advantages and disadvantages to both active and passive. Active can provide worse results if not setup properly. The user has to determine which route best suits them based on their skill set, knowledge level and wants/needs.

And really, going active isn't as cheap an option as it's made out to be after you factor in the cost of the necessary processing and additional amplifier channels, etc. With the added cost of processing, the additional channels required, and the drivers, an active setup would probably cost as much or more than the Bravox passive at full MSRP. But at these current blowout prices, even if someone were to buy them and toss the passives in the trash, they still only have $225 into all of the speakers and an average cost per driver of $56. That's pretty much in-line with the average active driver cost from the DIY market. Certainly it's possible to go cheaper, but results wouldn't be similar.

I really enjoyed this review Brad. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next review.

J

I really enjoyed this review Brad. Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next review.

J

Me too, hope he has a chance to get some ear time on the 603CF's. :)

hope he has a chance to get some ear time on the 603CF's. :)

I just finished cutting the speaker rings for them about an hour ago :)

So plan for this weekend is to start work on aiming them in the kicks.

:orly3:

:bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok: :bigok:

Impious is like the billy mays of SSA. "The pitchman"

He is a well respected member of the forum. Honestly i bought both my sets because of this review. Keep sending him gear to review!

I really enjoyed the review of the CS60CF, of which I own now. I also hope to get them installed this weekend.

He is a well respected member of the forum. Honestly i bought both my sets because of this review. Keep sending him gear to review!

I hope you did not just jinx him, as Billy Mays is gone. :peepwall:

I hope you did not just jinx him, as Billy Mays is gone. :peepwall:

Man, why did you just say that? Impious, i wish you only the healthiest life. lol we need you here on SSA.

Eh, it's alright. I'm cursed to begin with given I share the same name as the deceased crocodile hunter.

Glad you found value in the review.

Same reason I bought my set!

The 603CF's saw power for the first time today :)

Think I have my aiming figured out.

Now the hard part....finishing the kicks :(

I am really curious as to your positioning and aiming. I hope to start work on mine next weekend. :)

Certainly it's possible. But not everyone has the skill or desire to run an active setup. There are advantages and disadvantages to both active and passive. Active can provide worse results if not setup properly. The user has to determine which route best suits them based on their skill set, knowledge level and wants/needs.

And really, going active isn't as cheap an option as it's made out to be after you factor in the cost of the necessary processing and additional amplifier channels, etc. With the added cost of processing, the additional channels required, and the drivers, an active setup would probably cost as much or more than the Bravox passive at full MSRP. But at these current blowout prices, even if someone were to buy them and toss the passives in the trash, they still only have $225 into all of the speakers and an average cost per driver of $56. That's pretty much in-line with the average active driver cost from the DIY market. Certainly it's possible to go cheaper, but results wouldn't be similar.

sounds like an excellent deal then. reminds me of the hype surrounding the pg rsd's awhile back. these of course being more of a high end product

Aaron, I'll see if I remember to snap some pictures tomorrow.

All 3 drivers are going down in the kicks in my install.

Aaron, I'll see if I remember to snap some pictures tomorrow.

All 3 drivers are going down in the kicks in my install.

Thank you. I am not sure I can fit all 3 in the kicks. :)

so... obviously these are great speakers. what does everyone think about the coaxial versions of these (CX60CF) ? i will eventualllllly get the comps. but for temporary, these would be ok right? then when i get my comps, i can use the coax's as rear fill. anyone have them?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Bravox-Audio-CX60CF-Coaxial-Speakers.html

EDIT : i searched for these on google. and they are in walmarts in brazil..... from personal experience, walmart audio sucks. (obviously) just thought i would share this.

http://www.walmart.com.br/Produto/Eletronicos/Alto-falantes/Bravox/105057-Coaxial-HI-HEND-Carbon-Fiber-680-Wrms-CX-60-CF.aspx

Edited by swagger_wagon468

so... obviously these are great speakers. what does everyone think about the coaxial versions of these (CX60CF) ? i will eventualllllly get the comps. but for temporary, these would be ok right? then when i get my comps, i can use the coax's as rear fill. anyone have them?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Bravox-Audio-CX60CF-Coaxial-Speakers.html

EDIT : i searched for these on google. and they are in walmarts in brazil..... from personal experience, walmart audio sucks. (obviously) just thought i would share this.

http://www.walmart.com.br/Produto/Eletronicos/Alto-falantes/Bravox/105057-Coaxial-HI-HEND-Carbon-Fiber-680-Wrms-CX-60-CF.aspx

The Walmart down the street sells Sony Bravia and Samsung LED tv's. I think those TV's are pretty nice. I own the CS60K's and I can tell you that they sound better than the JL XR's that they replaced. Walmart or no, these speakers are legit.

The Walmart down the street sells Sony Bravia and Samsung LED tv's. I think those TV's are pretty nice. I own the CS60K's and I can tell you that they sound better than the JL XR's that they replaced. Walmart or no, these speakers are legit.

dang. my walmart has like one sony and evarything else is emerson, sanyo, etc etc... im still gonna try them,

thanks

ive heard the brazilians are pretty serious bout their car audio and maybe walmart knows this. i got cf comps and coax's and they are awsome.

So when do I get to hear them.?

Also willing to lend a hand with those kicks.

So when do I get to hear them.?

Also willing to lend a hand with those kicks.

If you're bored this weekend, I plan on getting them wrapped and start the last of the 'glassing :)