Sign in to follow this  
cobra65427289

infinite baffel kicks for 6x9's.

well i have a set of alpine type r 6x9's that i used to use for the rear fill, ever since june when i got my k's the pressure would build inside the trunk and distort the hell out of type r's in the rear deck. so they have been sitting in my room for some time now and i was thinking about making a set of Infinite baffel kick panels for them. i was considering getting some crystal comp set, but i wanted to see what i could do with what i already have and save some money hopefully. i want Infinite baffel because i know they will sound good like that and because the trunk used to act like a giant box for them. so what do you guys think about this here idere?

al

Edited by cobra65427289

The only way you could get enough space behind the drivers to be considered IB would be to cut a hole leading into the fender. I wouldn't really mess with it, but that's just me. I love seeing new ideas implemented though, so if you go for it, post some pics and let us know how it sounds.

IB meaning basically free air in this case, it will basically just holding the speaker in place

al

The only way to be IB is to isolate the front and back wave of the driver. If you just mount it there, assuming it is sealed up, essentially you will just have a small sealed enclosure.