Made a video to show everyone whats its doing. The amp has been hooked up and running fine for a couple weeks now. Out of no where the amp starts cutting in and out today. When it does, it goes into protect mode. I checked every wire from the battery back and all are good. I even pulled the headunit and checked all connections there too. So here is what happens:

Amp cutting in and out while I was running errands today. So I turned the radio off until I go home. When I got home I pulled out all my tools and DMM and checked everything. All is well. But now, the amp is on, not in protect mode, and I get zero output to the subs. Yes, I checked the subs wiring too. I noticed when I lightly tap on the amps case it goes into protect mode. So I pulled the amp out and opened the case thinking maybe a loose wire. Nope. No wires at all, everything goes straight to the board. Everything looked fine to me too. I didn't see anything bent or broken. Hooked it back up and its still doing the same thing. Finally, as you will see in the video, after a few firmer taps it stays in protect mode and pushes out little power surges to the subs making them move just a hair. You should be able to hear that in the video. If you look when it goes and stays in protect mode near the end you can see a little spark shoot out near the speaker wires at 2:27. There were no loose wire strands sticking out at all to cause a short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTmJhHKQ70

Looks like the amp is fooked! Looks like a short on the output circuit.

I agree, looks like it's shot. I'd recommend getting a hold of db-r and seeing if he can repair it for you, unless it's still under warranty.

I agree, looks like it's shot. I'd recommend getting a hold of db-r and seeing if he can repair it for you, unless it's still under warranty.

Checking about the warranty but I doubt it. I'm sure they will say user error. And I am not sure who db-r is? I tried searching for that user name and came up blank.

www.db-r.com

This should get you rolling.

www.db-r.com

This should get you rolling.

Thanks! Sent them a service ticket to see if they would try and fix it! Man this sucks! Yet again, there goes my money I've been saving for my front stage! :suicide-santa: What can you do though right! :drink40: