Sign in to follow this  
RFIRE15

Need a new system!!

Hey guys! Long time no talk! Just bought a new truck and I'm going nuts listening to the stock system, so some changes are in order!

I would like to build a box to put under the back seat where there seems to be a decent amount of room. Thing is I will need shallow mount subs! I was just going to go with the kicker shallow mounts, 2 10's which are less then $90 each but then I came accross the stereo integrity shallow mount which only come in a 12"

Pretty sure I will not have a problem building a box to accomodate 2 12's which will have much more bump that I love! They have a dual 4ohm VC's with a 450watt rms rating so I would need an amp that would put out betweeen 800-1000 watt rms at 1ohm. The issue is I refuse to remove the stock head unit so I can continue to take advantage of the ford sync system. I want an amp that has a high level input like the kicker mono amps but they will only go down to 2ohms. Any and all suggestions would be wonderful.

Ray

PS <3 Denim

I would recommend a hifonics hfi1000d if you are tight on cash. If you don't have a low budget on this build, I would go with a aq1200d or a saz-1000d.

You can buy a good Line Output Converter, and then get any amplifier you want.

Don't buy your subs too fast. I'm sure some members can give you better options on box and subs.

Take a serious look at the Build Log subforum, you may find some new ideas for your install.

Good luck

Give us some dimensions so we know what volume, depth you have to work with :)

You may be able to stick a couple sa8s under there, just maybe :P

Edited by stefanhinote