mwerling1212

2 rl-p 18s

Well i have one rl-p 18 that is still pretty stiff even after a year of use. And today i just found another one at a pawn shop and picked it up for a really really low price. the coils are fine, both read 2.0, theres no rips or tears in the spider/surround. Now that i have 2 i really want to run them both in a sealed enclosure, but im worried they might play somewhat out of phase due to the one from the pawn shop having a looser suspension. Could this happen or am i just worrying too much? thanks!

Won't be an issue :)

haha thats the best find i've ever had! They said it had been there for 6 months. I still cant believe it was even the same coil config as mine. IM excited to bump up to a dual sub setup!

Post a video! :D

oh i will. lol. It will be a month or so before i can get another saz1000d, batt and more 1/0, so they will only get about 300 watts a piece. AAHHH i wish i had a couple more days of work per week!!!

i just tried but photo bucket isnt cooperating! But im still in the midst of talking to Mark at Soundsplinter to see if the new one is a prototype or not. Its identical to my original one but i want to be completely sure! But in the mean time i have decided that if it is a genuine rl-p, im going to rip out my back seats and build a massive ported box for the two instead of a sealed enclosure. Im not going to say the size or tuning until its done, because i may get flamed by almost everyone! lol. I picked up another part time job on top of 2 steady jobs so i will get this thing going soon in a build log. Ill try the pics again tonight.

Ill throw up one pic so the thread becomes not worthless, then make a build log with more pics of the car/equip, and stuff as it comes along. but here they are (dont mind my strained face, its a b*tch to throw 2 18s on your shoulders when your 6'3 and skinny as hell, lol)

beast002.jpg