bimmerboy

Are Fi Subs easy to blow?

Seems like I read a lot of posts regarding people blowing or ruining their Fi sub for various reasons, causing them to get a re-cone...

My question is, are these subs easy to destroy? They seem very durable and underrated, which makes me think the opposite, but after reading on here it seems not to be the case.. I want to get a better idea as to why there are so many cases of Fi subs needing re-cones, and not other subs, like AA or SSA...

Any thoughts?

Um, well, they're not easier or harder to blow than any other sub. The problem is that people think that all subs are so underrated and "need" twice their RMS power, and just push too hard. If you're smart with the volume, any sub willl last forever.

Um, well, they're not easier or harder to blow than any other sub. The problem is that people think that all subs are so underrated and "need" twice their RMS power, and just push too hard. If you're smart with the volume, any sub willl last forever.

Beat me to it.

Definitely makes sense, so Fi is pretty accurate on rating their subs then, no need to go over stated rms if you want your stuff to last.

I beat the crap out of my Fi Q almost everyday for 1hr+. Just like said before, a lot of people will throw 2x rated RMS onto a sub, and it will take it, for a little bit...

all i know is my bl's are like tanks.

you can easily blow a 1000w sub with 250w if you dont know what you are doing. it doesnt take long browsing the forums to figure out that a lot of guys need some help.

say it with me now, "the gain is not a volume knob"

you can easily blow a 1000w sub with 250w if you dont know what you are doing. it doesnt take long browsing the forums to figure out that a lot of guys need some help.

say it with me now, "the gain is not a volume knob"

You could prolly clip the shit out of the amp and not blow a BL on 250w, but hear what you are saying.

This is simple, a lot of people hear about Fi audio and the notorious BTL and they jump on it. Don't get me wrong it's an awesome driver, but a lot of people buy it but don't really know what there doing.

They get this beastly driver, and turn the gain up on the amp so it's louder, they most likely don't set the subsonic filter correctly, so it's playing below the tuned frequency and it's unloading like crazy, etc.

This goes for all drivers, but I believe Fi is very well known for having awesome loud drivers, more or less then other companies.

That's my two cents.

Just because you see some yo-yo on youtube throw 30,000w at 4 subs dosent mean thats smart or needed for that matter.

just use what you learn from the smart folks here on SSA and be aware of what you are doing! If you dont know, ASK! :popcorn:

YES! Any subwoofer that gets abused is easy to blow. It isn't an Fi issue, it is a user issue.

i got a question about a fi sub

i got a bl 12'' and had it hooked up to a planet audio rxd1000 and it worked fine but was really underpowered

just got mt new amp in today , a rockford fosgate r1000-1d and my sub isnt working now

i checked everything from remote wire, to fuses, to how i wired the sub and i cant find out why it isnt working

any ideas please

i got a question about a fi sub

i got a bl 12'' and had it hooked up to a planet audio rxd1000 and it worked fine but was really underpowered

just got mt new amp in today , a rockford fosgate r1000-1d and my sub isnt working now

i checked everything from remote wire, to fuses, to how i wired the sub and i cant find out why it isnt working

any ideas please

Make your own post for more help.

You could probably clip the shit out of the amp and not blow a BL on 250w, but hear what you are saying.

it was an slight exaggeration, but the point was there. too much gain/bass boost and not enough subsonic filter are the most common culprits.

Give a 7 year old a can of gas and a pack of matches and see what happens.

You see a lot of cars crashed too..and it was because somebody did something stupid. Cars simply do not crash themselves (except for Toyota as of late, but that is another story)

(except for Toyota as of late, but that is another story)

:drink40: Hahah don't say that to one of my buddies, he will go ape shit on you :) Hes a Toyota nutthugger.

But for real, subs ARE easy to blow, Ive done it a few times, but on purpose. I know my Fi Qs have been holding up amazingly well for about a year now and I pound the piss out of them everyday. (Not with a hammer but you get the idea. :) )

Fi Subs are so bad ass my 2-12's blew my amp! The ssd's were mean muggin my amp cause he wasn't putting out like he should. Long story short the amp shit itself on the output board trying to pleasure the 12's. Its was a sad day! :( New amp will be here is a couple of weeks though. Hope this one puts out like he is supposed to!

I've read before. "Subs are stupid, they do as they are told"

And by the way Fi = AA

You see a lot of cars crashed too..and it was because somebody did something stupid. Cars simply do not crash themselves (except for Toyota as of late, but that is another story)

LOL I drive a toyota...

And by the way Fi = AA

how does Fi=AA? are they owned by the same company?

Hey, I'm that arseho that runs twice the rated rms to a sub just to see if it will hold. I'll tell you what, my AA Chaos 15 took my AP15001D daily like a $2 hooker on pay day. That sub is only rated for 800 watts rms. The trick is to feed the sub clean power and know your system's signs of stress/ when to back off on the vol knob. AA, Fi FTMFW!

LOL I drive a toyota...

And by the way Fi = AA

how does Fi=AA? are they owned by the same company?

Yes, Scott bought out AA.

Just because you see some yo-yo on youtube throw 30,000w at 4 subs dosent mean thats smart or needed for that matter.

just use what you learn from the smart folks here on SSA and be aware of what you are doing! If you dont know, ASK! :popcorn:

lmao this^^^^

lmao this^^^^

dont mean to offend anyone!! no names