shizzzon

Projectors - diy photographer screen vs Goo paint

anybody care to enlighten the 2 choices for a custom area to project on inside the house?

My screen size will be approximately 122" diagonal.

4ft vertical and 9ft 4in horizontal.

I just got the projector and havent even messed with settings yet. the projected size just listed is with no video source turned on so aspect ratio may actually change with widescreen video played... haven't tried yet.

anybody care to enlighten the 2 choices for a custom area to project on inside the house?

My screen size will be approximately 122" diagonal.

4ft vertical and 9ft 4in horizontal.

I just got the projector and havent even messed with settings yet. the projected size just listed is with no video source turned on so aspect ratio may actually change with widescreen video played... haven't tried yet.

Get a phat ass retractable, mount that sucker in the ceiling!

I'll help ya install it!!! :drink40::popcorn::drink40:

it's gotta be a custom screen. I like to build stuff myself.

I can't really find reviews of goo paint vs using Super-white photo background sheeting.

The screen is really where the picture shines, go an amazing job and it'll look great :)

well basically a diy screen like i mentioned would just be super white photo type paper photographers use in the background with a non-reflective black border(not painted) vs this goo paint that this company claims has spent yrs perfecting it's properities

They want almost $200 for the paint.

well basically a diy screen like i mentioned would just be super white photo type paper photographers use in the background with a non-reflective black border(not painted) vs this goo paint that this company claims has spent yrs perfecting it's properities

They want almost $200 for the paint.

That's what I was thinking. Except I picture a sweet wood frame painted black and set off the wall about a 1/8". Then you could mount the roll above and pull through and cut. You can get super white paper rolls for next to nothing from B&H. Are you looking to do flat a screen or with a curve?

Super White Paper

I have used these rolls before for portrait work. Durable and very white.

I did find this article on DIY paper screens and some of the pro's and cons.

DIY Screens

i'm completely lost on curve. I was playin with curved material throwing an image on it and it was all distorted.. I wanted to build a dome in the room but due to my lack of knowledge.. i don't know how to pull it off so just a flat screen.

that screen link u posted was the first site i ever go to bout projectors, hehe, already read that article.