Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SAZ-1500D v.2 Photos

Testing coming later... change a tad from the initial layout. We ended up with 8x IRFP360LC output FETs -- 66% of what the SAZ-3000D / 2500D have. This output section is WAY stronger than the 1500D v.1 what features IRF640 / 9640 units.

Power supply features the same number of FETs as the original 1500D but a new more powerful part like the SAZ-2500D has.

Power supply transformers and output inductors not changed from the v.1 1500D -- overall size down about 1.6"

CIMG4033.JPG

* Old 1500D on top and new 1500D v.2 on bottom

CIMG4034.JPG

CIMG4035.JPG

* Internal fuses removed for SPL competition purposes - customers will need an external ANL unit

CIMG4036.JPG

* New driver board

CIMG4037.JPG

* Old driver board

Good work as always :captain:

Congrats Jake! Anytime you get reduce the size of an amp and still maintain the output power is always a good thing!

Looks promising! Waiting for testing results!

:popcorn:

Some initial testing done -- very very similar to the v.1 SAZ-1500D model.

I think we can squeeze a bit more out of it before production so I'll get some revisions done and then post some real numbers up :)

I take it vs 1 is not compatable for strapping with vs 2

Some initial testing done -- very very similar to the v.1 SAZ-1500D model.

I think we can squeeze a bit more out of it before production so I'll get some revisions done and then post some real numbers up :)

Hey I was there for this initial testing!

Finally was there on a day for something fun besides just shipping products all day. :woot:

I just got the updated power supply transformers in -- as with many of our other new models we are trying to get the most at the 1 ohm load customers typically use rather than requiring them to drop amps down super low.

Hopefully we can get them in and tested soon -- the build house expects a big different at 1 ohm with these transformers.

Got a bit of 1 ohm testing done -- when we modified it I think something happened to it so we won't have any 0.5 testing yet until I get another sample in.

Old 1500D produced 1540 watts after rise -- new 1500D produced 1750 watts after rise. Simply a max measurement.

The results are just what I was looking for so far -- more power for the regular customer who runs at 1 ohm :)

Very nice!

These should be beasts for the .5 ohm guys!

I'm not expecting as much difference at really low loads or really high voltages -- we are working on the most improvements at 1 ohm on a 12v system for the majority of customers. Should still be a gain but not quite the ~13% we saw here. Plus the smaller size is a plus :)

I'm not expecting as much difference at really low loads or really high voltages -- we are working on the most improvements at 1 ohm on a 12v system for the majority of customers. Should still be a gain but not quite the ~13% we saw here. Plus the smaller size is a plus :)

In a sence that is a good thing. Not all customers are going to run muliple battery setups on a .5 ohm load or run a +14.4 system.

I like the compact size and more power at 1 ohm!

:drink40:

Sign in to follow this