sundownz

SAX-200.4 Prototypes In

WOW. That is A BEAST!

Hopefully we can get one or two of those onto our shelves when they Come out.

Been more than Impressed with all the Sundown I have encountered so far :)

I just found me a new toy to buy that thing is going to be off the hook!!!!! Christmas came early. :santa:

Noice

The power will likely be double, if not more, than the 100.4 that is out now I assume?I saw the 200x4, but is that at 4 ohms?If so, I'll likely be doing a lotttt of work with these when they are released.Been looking for something that can run (8) 8 ohm speakers at 100 watts RMS with a nice, wide crossover band.

Edited by JBurt09

full power list?

4ohm stereo 4x ????W

2ohm stereo 4x ????W

1ohm stereo 4x ????W

4ohm bridge 2x ????W

2ohm bridge 2x ????W

1ohm bridge no?

im sure it will be 200x4 @ 4 0hms. Thats just how he always names his products.

Maybe 300 - 350x4 @ 2ohms. I have no idea on the bridged output though

question... 5 channel amp? wouldn't this idea be better in a 5channel amp? or is 5channel completely different setup from a beefy as 4channel amp (like this one)

Expected output is ~440 x 4 @ 1 ohm

I'm assuming it's 200w/ch @ 4ohm given the name......is the power supply too weak to support more power at lower impedances? Or another design constraint such as current capabilities on the output transistors?

I wonder if that wasn't suppose to be 440 x 4 at 2 ohms?

:shrug:

I'm assuming it's 200w/ch @ 4ohm given the name......is the power supply too weak to support more power at lower impedances? Or another design constraint such as current capabilities on the output transistors?

For some reason a lot of companies have been doing this practice lately with there 4 and 2 channel amps, giving a lot of power at 4 ohms and not double that at 2 ohms like they used too. IA, Audioque just to name a couple of others

For some reason a lot of companies have been doing this practice lately with there 4 and 2 channel amps, giving a lot of power at 4 ohms and not double that at 2 ohms like they used too. IA, Audioque just to name a couple of others

VERY hard to actually double the power as you half the impedance. Twice more current needed and the rail voltage drops, hindering the actual power output.

I'm assuming 100w per channel at 8ohm? If so, I need this now. haha

Hi, meet the Jl audio hd 600/4

# 150 watts RMS x 4 (1.5 - 4 ohms per channel)

# 300 watts RMS x 2 bridged (3 - 8 ohms per channel)

:fing34:

Cool amp...too big, though.

Edited by eggyhustles

approximate date of release?

possibility of release of a powerful 2 channel?

That thing is a beast, did it get warm doing that demo? Just wondering, I know AB amps run alot hotter than class D.

Little bit of clamping :

All channels LOADED for the test @ 1 ohm per (2 ohms bridged on the clamped channels) -- 60 Hz tone played.

Bridged channels 1 + 2 clamped.

820 Watts

62 V

13.2 A

@ 4.7 ohms

So 410 per channel @ 2.35 ohms

We didn't measure voltage but based on other testing it should be dropping to the high 11s to low 12s.

It certainly exceeds expectations :)

That thing is a beast, did it get warm doing that demo? Just wondering, I know AB amps run alot hotter than class D.

It hasn't gotten warm yet -- I am sure it will, though... but it does have a fan (which is VERY quiet).

Loaded down to 1 ohm per channel doing some testing.

Good stuff right there!!! Cant wait :woot: