bigmikekc

1997 honda accord build log

You really only need to amp the front speakers.

yeah i was thinking type s 6x9's in the back no amp and type r 6.5's in the door with a 2 channel amp that does 100 watts per channel. what amp would be good for that?

You don't really need back speakers. Save the money and spend it on your front stage. I personally would buy the MRP-F300 and bridge it to the fronts. Any amp that does 100 watts RMS x2 will fit your needs though.

ok thanks. it will be while before i upgrade

some pictures of everything installed

0723102011-00.jpg

0723102010-00.jpg

sub and amp are kinda just in the trunk right now. i will clean it up tomorrow

need to find a better ground idk if you can see in the pic but its on the bolt that holds the trunk shut

Good choice of equipment for your first setup!! Always feels good to build your own box. Keep the pictures comin'.:D

hey did you like your type r components. the sub seems to over power the type s's and im thinking about upgrading to those next. what amp did you use for them to?

I still love my type-r's. The tweeters and 6.5 both did best on-axis. They like power so I was feeding them 100 watts each. I was using the MRP-F600.

what does on-axis mean?

im fixing every thing tomorrow and finding a new ground. i will probably have pics up and maybe a video if the camera works.

run your ground to the frame if you cant run it to the strut tower

Good choice of equipment for your first setup!! Always feels good to build your own box. Keep the pictures comin'.:D

hey did you like your type r components. the sub seems to over power the type s's and im thinking about upgrading to those next. what amp did you use for them to?

I still love my type-r's. The tweeters and 6.5 both did best on-axis. They like power so I was feeding them 100 watts each. I was using the MRP-F600.

what does on-axis mean?

on-axis refers to the speaker being mounted pointing directly at your ear. You don't really need to worry about on-axis mounting, just a point I was bringing it up.

What I would worry about is that the speakers are mounted super solid in your door. I suggest you mount an MDF ring inbetween the door metal and speaker to decouple(seperate) the two, this will help the speaker work to its full potental and not resonate(unwanted vibration) as easy. Then get an amp and it will make all the difference in output.

As far as a good ground point, I recommend drilling a hole in the trunk floor and bolting the ground wire to the trunk floor with a lock nut on the under side. (sandwich the floor):)

what does on-axis mean?

on-axis refers to the speaker being mounted pointing directly at your ear. You don't really need to worry about on-axis mounting, just a point I was bringing it up.

What I would worry about is that the speakers are mounted super solid in your door. I suggest you mount an MDF ring inbetween the door metal and speaker to decouple(seperate) the two, this will help the speaker work to its full potental and not resonate(unwanted vibration) as easy. Then get an amp and it will make all the difference in output.

As far as a good ground point, I recommend drilling a hole in the trunk floor and bolting the ground wire to the trunk floor with a lock nut on the under side. (sandwich the floor):)

yeah thats what im doing i just have to find a place where i can drill in to

yeah thats what im doing i just have to find a place where i can drill in to

Preferably at the rear of the trunk, where you can put one arm in the trunk and one under the car to hold the wrench.:)

every thing is where i want it now.

0731101442-01.jpg

amp is on the back of the box where you cant see it

20100731144802.jpg

my car

20100731144937.jpg

20100731144650.jpg

this video does not work

Edited by bigmikekc

video is private, can't watch it...

video is private, can't watch it...

i fixed it but now its not even worth watching because there is no sound