Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKenKid

SAZ 2500

So I have gotten my 2-SAZ2500(and they are strapped at 2 ohm) installed on my 2-NS v1 15inch subs. I know the gain isn't set 100% and i am using my gain knob.

the gain on the amp is set 60% (that is the position of it) and the gain knob is set to about 3 clicks up... when my h/u is at 40/50 and a bass line plays for a good 30 seconds the bass cuts out and doesn't come back on until i reset my h/u?

my first idea was it is going into protect to I looked back and nothing both light were blue...the only thing is maybe it flashed into protect and then back into normal really fast but then my question is when an amp goes into protect and when it comes out of protect shouldn't it turn back on?

so I think i just have a gain issue on the amp and if i turn it down i should be okay.. what are your thoughts?

Kenneth

I never had this issue before and i have never been in protect before so this is all new to me lol! so i thought i would ask it up!

They won't come back out of protect unless they are turn off and back on -- so they aren't popping into protect.

Seems as if you are losing signal -- try another output on your HU.

another output? like use a full range signal (from my front output or something? b/c i only have a single rca labelled sub out

How is the vehicle voltage?

get a 2.5mm (headphone jack) to RCA, they're about 5-10 bucks at walmart.

the cars voltage is 13.8 constant during a bass line some times going to 13.2volt~ but then my bass cuts out then goes back up to 14.4 lol

get a 2.5mm (headphone jack) to RCA, they're about 5-10 bucks at walmart.

I think he meant rear RCA that is front speaker output, not an output on the front of the headunit. That'd be strange if they had a headphone output on the front of a car headunit anyways.

and if i get a head phone jack to rca i would then plug it into my zune and play a bass line and see if i still get the same result?

What HU?

Try what Julian suggested and hook up an Ipod or something similar to see if it continues to cut and go into protect.

and if i get a head phone jack to rca i would then plug it into my zune and play a bass line and see if i still get the same result?

Precisely.

see on 5k this car shakes like a mother and some times it knocks my front/rear stage rca out of my 100.4 lol

but this will be my weekend thing

thanks for the idea julian and jacob!

but one more if i switch the input to a zune and i get the same result...is this an issue with the amps? or could something else be an issue?

see on 5k this car shakes like a mother and some times it knocks my front/rear stage rca out of my 100.4 lol

but one more if i switch the input to a zune and i get the same result...is this an issue with the amps? or could something else be an issue?

You know the zune probably has a lower output voltage, so the music won't sound as loud. You'll probably need to reset the gains. Also, you said you have a 100.4? Does that have an rca output on it? If it does, why not run that output into the sub amp.

You know the zune probably has a lower output voltage, so the music won't sound as loud. You'll probably need to reset the gains. Also, you said you have a 100.4? Does that have an rca output on it? If it does, why not run that output into the sub amp.

No... He wont..

connect directly to the 2500

No... He wont..

connect directly to the 2500

Well, of course he would have to set the gains if he wants to test it going all out. He didn't set the gains on the amp to the zune, he set it to the headunit.

On a Kenwood i had, the bass would shake the face plate and it would lose contact.Then come right back on. just a thought.

update!

i hooked the Zune up to it and it yield the same results so i don't know what to do....

So i played around with it a bit reset my gains and my h/u turned the sub controls on the h/u to max umm did some other stuff

I don't know it seems a hard reset all that it needed....

if the problem comes back I will e-mail Jacob about it and go from there but right now everything seems to be pounding nicely. not as loud as i expected it to be but meh good enough all the same. (or maybe i am just used to it by now lol)

Sign in to follow this