An-i-no

6.5 Coaxial Opinions

Ok guys. Subs are in the mail. Mono and 4 Channel amp will come with my next two checks. (RE SEx 12, AQ1200D, AQ4x90)

As for the money I have now, I need 2 pairs of speakers. I have an Explorer, so 6x9's are out. I'm leaning towards 6.5 coaxials for the front, and either a cheaper pair of 6.5's or 6x8's for a rear fill. There is a hole already made for a tweeter in the door (as the car has a system in it already), so components would be a great choice, EXCEPT....I'm working in a semi-limited budget (not willing to spend more than 160 on both pairs). With all that said, I have two choices picked out.

Rockford Fosgate T1652 for front, and P1653 for rear. Still a skeptic though, because I have never heard Aluminum Tweeters.

Alpine SPR17C for front, and SPS-600 for rear.

Which of these two would give me smoother midbass and a clear (but not too bright) tweeter? I also looked into RE Audio's Coaxials, but have read less than stunning reviews about them. If anyone has anymore suggestions for Coaxials that I can get for less than 90 bucks a pair, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Edited by An-i-no

Either ditch the rear speakers all together, or if you feel you absolutely must have rear speakers keep the stock speakers back there and spend your entire speaker budget on the front speakers.

Either ditch the rear speakers all together, or if you feel you absolutely must have rear speakers keep the stock speakers back there and spend your entire speaker budget on the front speakers.

x2 and get a good set of components for the front doors. Then if you ever want to upgrade the rear doors, you still have speakers till you save up enough money for another component set. :drink40:

x2 and get a good set of components for the front doors. Then if you ever want to upgrade the rear doors, you still have speakers till you save up enough money for another component set. :drink40:

Appreciate the opinions guys, but I'm a showoffy kind of guy (cmon....aren't most of us?) and I would rather not have to explain why there isn't any sound coming of my back doors! I'm still in high school and plenty of friends'll be in and out of the truck.

Do you guys have any experience with RE Audio Coaxials? Cuz I found those for super cheap...I'm hoping it's a deal lol

Oh, and if I do go front components only, what's something nice for around 150-60?

Polk audio db components have always sounded nice, but they are a little pricy for what you get

Appreciate the opinions guys, but I'm a showoffy kind of guy (cmon....aren't most of us?) and I would rather not have to explain why there isn't any sound coming of my back doors! I'm still in high school and plenty of friends'll be in and out of the truck.

Show off the fact that you know how to get the right setup so you don't even need rear speakers.... and like every one has said just use the factory's in the rear or a cheap set till u can save up more money. ballin on a budget..

Do you guys have any experience with RE Audio Coaxials? Cuz I found those for super cheap...I'm hoping it's a deal lol

Oh, and if I do go front components only, what's something nice for around 150-60?

I would rather better enjoy the sound of my system than compromise on sound because I'm worried about what the people in the back seat might think. And like I said, if you absolutely feel you need something back there, keep the stock speakers back there and spend your money up front, where it actually matters.

As for options;

Alpine Type R

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

JBL P650C

The SSA store also has Bravox Components and Bravox Coaxials available in that price range.

x2 on the image dynamics. Also, OP read up on WHY everyone is telling you to not have speakers in the rear. I'd rather show off how much I know about audio and setting up rather than how much money I got to waste.

x2 on the image dynamics. Also, OP read up on WHY everyone is telling you to not have speakers in the rear. I'd rather show off how much I know about audio and setting up rather than how much money I got to waste.

Oh trust me, I do my reading. I'm plenty aware of the cancellation issues it might cause, as well as not having more juice to give my front speakers. I think I'm gonna go with the Type R components, and just buy a spare set of tweeters for the rear. Boy do those Image Dynamic comps look nice, but I just can't afford it...well not at the moment anyway.

While I have you guys' attention, any recommendations on tweeters?

Tweeters would be the worst thing to add to the rear.

Why is that?

EDIT: I have a semi-solution. I think I'll go ahead and run Type S 5x7's for the rear and just use my Eq to fade to the front when I'm riding alone or with one passenger.

Edited by An-i-no