mwerling1212

96' Isuzu Rodeo

Ok, so Ive decided to make a build log, because i didnt the first time around and really wanted some feedback. So here it goes.

Car: 1996 Isuzu Rodeo: Big three done in 1/0, no other electrical, until next month! haha! lol

Equip: 2 Soundsplinter RL-P 18's

2 SAZ-1000D's (only have one as of now)

Pioneer DEH-500ub(already installed, probably will replace it soon)

Polk MOMO 6.5" components

Kicker zx 200.4 (will replace after entire build is complete)

knukoncepts 1/0, rcas, ans speaker cable(already ran except for speaker cables)

SDS cld tiles(40 in it already, more will be coming) butyl rope, and ccf(already in)

yellow top starting batt(dad has one laying around) and either and xs batt for the back, or stinger. what ever deal is better in the coming month.

So the goal with this build is to get extremely low. I know it sounds like what everyone wants, but Im shooting for impressive output in the 20-30 hz range, because i absolutley love the way it sounds and feels. lol.

Heres the car:

buildlog063.jpg

now onto some of the equipment. as some of you may know, i found an awesome deal on another 18 at a pawn shop, and its a little older than my first one. That is why the cone is faded a little and dusty.

Heres the teens:

gaggleoaudioz032.jpg

gaggleoaudioz033.jpg

next i will post up more of the equipment

What are you tuning your enclosure to? 28hz? :P

here are the components, amps, and subs all together. this is the only picture of the comps.

gaggleoaudioz036.jpg

In the car, i have the SDS tiles, rope, ccf, and HU already in. heres the HU, the cargo area(will be ripping out back seats), then my doors which will be made llike bangingmc's(i think) doors.

I wanted to fiberglass pods, but ive never done it before so i'd rather practice on something else before i spend money on all the materials.

HU:

buildlog064.jpg

cargo area: its a mess but that will change soon enough

buildlog065.jpg

and heres my door!

buildlog066.jpg

box plans will be next, but first i must measure! overall this should be a solid build, but dont expect anything too great! This is only my second build! thanks for looking

Im not exact on what i want, but 28 is a little high :) Im talking to a trusted source on what i should tune to. lol ill get back to that hopefully soon!

Im not exact on what i want, but 28 is a little high :) Im talking to a trusted source on what i should tune to. lol ill get back to that hopefully soon!

YES!!! :woot:

I like the goal you have in mind for this build. I think you should give glassing pods a shot, it's nothing too difficult and there are plenty of good tutorials around the net!

thanks matt! I've looked at many builds making pods, and it seems to be fairly simple. Ill look into how much all of the materials cost and see if i can work it into my budget. I may just try fiberglassing the tweeters in the A pillar if they sound ok there. If they turn out ok ill try my luck at pods.

thanks matt! I've looked at many builds making pods, and it seems to be fairly simple. Ill look into how much all of the materials cost and see if i can work it into my budget. I may just try fiberglassing the tweeters in the A pillar if they sound ok there. If they turn out ok ill try my luck at pods.

If you need any help shoot me a message, the materials aren't too expensive at all... in fact if I'm not mistaken you can score everything at Wal-Mart! Fiberglass resin, fleece and/or glass mat, Bondo, and all the expendables... depending on prices, under $40 should net you everything you need and then some.

You can even improvise a little bit. For my A-Pillar tweet pods I used an old t-shirt soaked in resin :)

Edited by CadillacMatt

Lol, 28hz is high. :P

I think 28hz is a bit too low. :peepwall:

If you need any help shoot me a message, the materials aren't too expensive at all... in fact if I'm not mistaken you can score everything at Wal-Mart! Fiberglass resin, fleece and/or glass mat, Bondo, and all the expendables... depending on prices, under $40 should net you everything you need and then some.

You can even improvise a little bit. For my A-Pillar tweet pods I used an old t-shirt soaked in resin :)

cool! i was thinking it would cost around 200! lol yea ill definitely PM you next week. I would like to get them started then so they can be done before everything else.

Lol, 28hz is high. :P

I think 28hz is a bit too low. :peepwall:

haha well the Soundsplinter site recommends a 27 hz tuning, but i tried their recommended box and i didnt really enjoy it. I also tried 32hz tuning in 5.5 cubes and that sounded ok in a towncar trunk, but in my isuzu it is horrible. wasnt loud at all from 20-35, then extremely loud from 40-60. Now im trying a different approach.

well its been awhile, but the only updates i have is that i cant get the back seats out yet, because its just being difficult. lol. Ihavent started the box yet because i have been sick, and just havent felt like driving to lowes. But on a good note i think im going to buy that $200 SAZ 1000d from jacob as soon as i get a response!

well its been awhile, but the only updates i have is that i cant get the back seats out yet, because its just being difficult. lol. Ihavent started the box yet because i have been sick, and just havent felt like driving to lowes. But on a good note i think im going to buy that $200 SAZ 1000d from jacob as soon as i get a response!

You'll be very happy in the end. I had my 2 RL-p 18"s in a wall tuned to 32Hz and they KILLED the low end.