Fi Car Audio

Since everyone seems to want Neo...

People should notice the distance between the Neo and the coil. That is a major difference between other Neo drivers and this one.

I'm impressed. I want to see that monster top plate. :D

I loooove the pole piece. Definitely a masterpiece.

That's not a pole piece..

That's a massive inductance ring / heat sink machined out of billet aluminum..the pole piece is on the inside of the motor and is steel.

You guys should take some more pics :)

Well if Tommy wants one, we know it will sell like crazy. :)

i'm going to say an rms of 3200 and peak of 12000

I'll say.. thirty five hundred even and fifteen grand peak/burp.

ok deal ill put 5.00 on it lol

Alpine should have given me one of their demo vehicles for all the type-r's I sold for them. :D

do you guys have a guestimated relese date if you do bring them out?

+ or - 250 wrms ( for the sake of not giving all the details) what kinda power would something like this take??

Somewhat spur of the moment, this sub was made as a “what if”. We already have the magnets and magnetizing fixture for them, so we figured a way to integrate them into a car audio application that seemingly solves a good portion of the issues associated with neo. The TS params are somewhat inconsequential compared to thermal stability. We can always tweak soft parts, geometry, and magnet sizes/grades to get those.

We ran some 3d FEA modeling of it and it came up as a little overkill for what we could flow through a standard core, but figured it would be a solid platform to test some different cooling techniques from. We are going to start running some long term thermal tests on it to make sure that the cooling is up to par to ensure long term thermal stability with a standard grade neo magnet. Issue is this… while there are higher thermal grades of magnets, the price seems to go up exponentially for similar strength. So… if we can keep a standard grade magnet cool and working below Tmax during a Las Vegas summer and at high power, it will help reduce the overall cost of something like this.

Nick will spend some time next week adding some thermocouplers to another one we are machining and test it at various points, frequencies, excursion and power levels to see how effective things are at not just cooling the coil, but the thermal mass as well. Once we get a solid baseline with this one we can go from there.

Point of posting pics was to gage interest in something that was a fair amount out of the ordinary. No sense in going down a path for a new product line if the target market isn’t the least bit interested in how it looks. For noise control/industrial applications aesthetics normally take a back seat to function. For autosound we have to find a balance as the flame baskets still do dominate the world of sales :)

Wow, this might need to be sold with a coolant system lol! That would look hella futuristic too

Alpine should have given me one of their demo vehicles for all the type-r's I sold for them. :D

I know, honestly. :)

this is why i have stuck by Fi . i know this company continues to go down a different road then most others, and its product shows. love it or hate it, i would be hard pressed to deal with any other product not produced by you guys.

im in for this, just hope its not more then a yr out

Damn what a sexy MOFO! Now I want one. I know you will keep us posted. Waitin on the Specs!!

Any CAD drawings? This looks weird but I could give a shit less about what the motor looks like if it performs outstandingly.

Agreed. I like information regarding performance, not flashy pictures. I am into what it does, not how it looks... or I would have a car full of Audiobahn :suicide-santa: .

i had an audiobahn imortal 15.. that thing hit really hard..the amps absolutely sucked though..

ive always been an @ss type of guy.. and this ass looks like a whooty.. :D

I'm impressed. I want to see that monster top plate. :D

I loooove the pole piece. Definitely a masterpiece.

Shutup Cam! :ban2:

Just curious; Since I'm assuming this would be more expensive than the drivers in your current line-up, what benefits does this arrangement provide to the end user? Better thermal performance (with the shorting ring/heatsink & side gaps) and higher motor force than the current drivers?

I would foresee a lot of these drivers being inverted :)

EDIT: I also think you should build a higher Q underhung version for us SQ guys :P Just stick those tall towers on top of the Neo instead of under it and shorten/lower the coil some :D

im a SQ guy :D

If you put some "chasing" led's on the back of that motor, then you'll have the FLUX CAPACITOR!!!!!! Back to the Future FTW!

you make a Q off shoot of that and i will send you a case of good beer. or drive all the way from Atlanta to give you a hug and take you out for a night on the town.

if i was going to defcon i would stop by to see this thing.