Fi Car Audio

Since everyone seems to want Neo...

In the BTL history thread Scott said that the N2 would perform mostly like the 2nd gen BTL which leads me to believe that this one is the Higher powered daily oriented driver.

He said the n3 is even more geared to SPL than the 1st and 2nd gen BTL and not so much a daily driver like the 2nd gen BTL.

Right, I got that, but you know damn customers never listen to recommendations ;)

I was also told the IA Warden was an SPL driver- which by all means it is- but I got a nice response within .6db from 30-45Hz. I don't mind if it's a bit peaky- but if the N3 will put up better numbers and still sound ok I'd rather go that route.

Well knowing Fi, it probably will have some nice quality to it but with that kind of question i guess we won't know until it is tested. I would expect the n3 to have a much tighter gap though. I would just stick to the n2 as a daily setup.

troy, just buy 2 of each, you can give us a review and if you blow one set up you will have a spare.

So do you guys think the new BTLs are going to stay with 3" coils, or is the mighty BTL going to step up to 4 inchers?

4" coils would be instering to see, not that many 4" coil subs right now. least not that many i know of or can name off the top of my head.

I just ask since 4" coils are in Fi's arsenal now. The SMD uses a 4" coil, granted it's on a crazy former. The Crossfire XSv2 subs also use 4" coils, fyi Fi has something to do with this sub as well.

Edited by onebadmonte

So do you guys think the new BTLs are going to stay with 3" coils, or is the mighty BTL going to step up to 4 inchers?

4" coils would be instering to see, not that many 4" coil subs right now. least not that many i know of or can name off the top of my head.

I just ask since 4" coils are in Fi's arsenal now. The SMD uses a 4" coil, granted it's on a crazy former. The Crossfire XSv2 subs also use 4" coils, fyi Fi has something to do with this sub as well.

The only problem is the baskets.

troy, just buy 2 of each, you can give us a review and if you blow one set up you will have a spare.

No thanks lol. I would like to get in line to get some of these when they come out though, depending on what subs are best for my application.

No thanks lol. I would like to get in line to get some of these when they come out though, depending on what subs are best for my application.

You forgot to call me btw.

I posted on the other forum, but I'll email you tomorrow or call- your choice.

I'm really interested if the price is going to stay similar with these since most neo subs cost a lot more - if they're similar to the G2 or G1 then hopefully price will be similar.

These look like fun..

Now that I revamp my view on them and actually found the time avoiding school projects and researching about Neo magnets..