Boone11

03 GMC Crew Cab Duramax Sysyem Help

Wow this is a total fail, man please edit these post and type them using real sentences and what not. Look at that and tell me how it looks to you when reading. It makes nobody even want to read it, I wouldnt mind helping you but I just cant look at a paragraph of just straight run on sentences.

Thanks

Proper sentences will help us help you!

This is an example of a sentence.

DicknJane.jpeg

Tried to read... :suicide-santa:

Also, this is in the wrong section..I think? I'm guessing there's a question in here somewhere? :puzzled:

Good God! Seriously, use punctuation! Take the time to form a proper paragraph and post, or don't expect to get an answer. I'm almost blind now.

darn i really hate i missed that i bet there was grate sentince structure n awesum spelluing i love two reed posts lyk that

Good God! Seriously, use punctuation! Take the time to form a proper paragraph and post, or don't expect to get an answer. I'm almost blind now.

Jerking off makes one go blind :peepwall:

Dude, I think I got the jist of what you were asking, but seriously to post like that then come back like a smart ass is a little immature.

Now, If I were you I'd forget about the 10's. You really don't want to mix sizes like that and if the 10's aren't loud enough now, they'll never keep up with the type of 15 you're looking for. Not to mention that you wouldn't want to put any kind of speakers that play the midrange and up frequencies under the seats, I can only assume that's what you meant by "voice" speakers, that would be pointless. Now, for that idea of replacing the 60/40 bench with buckets and building a center console style enclosure for a big, high powered 15 that's not a bad idea if your box guy can really pull it off. In any case most of the subs you had listed would be great for the application, some more than others and since you deleted the list I can't go through them individually with you, however the BTL would definitely feed your SPL appetite given it could be properly installed and powered. With the power, well, any good reliable amp that delivers at least a good solid and clean 2k watts is ideal for optimum performance from that BTL.

As everyone else has mentioned, put a little more time, thought and punctuation into the question and we'll gladly answer to the best of our abilities.

Hey sorry about all the messed up run on sentences and spelling errors from last night i was def too many beers deep to be talking about my system lol...il start fresh but it wont let me delete my older posts for some reason if any mods could delete the older posts would be nice.. So here it is in english

2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax Diesel SLT with stock Bose Speakers,

Part 1:

For starters i already own a Fi Audio 15in BL Fully Loaded in ported/tuned box with a Sundown Audio SAZ-1500 amp strapped to it, that was in my jeep. Clearly the box cant fit in my truck though so heres my dilemma...i am most likely gonna sell my sub/box/amp to my buddy and then buy a complete new system for the truck... i just got a slightly older model Kenwood Exceleron 7in Touch screen double din installed along with a custom sealed box for two Boston G2 10in subwoofers, ( http://www.supercrewsound.com/commerce/product.jsp?prodId=35&catId=21 ) very similar to this one, that i hooked my amp up to and was hoping it would be loud enough for me but i blew them the first day lol, and they def weren't loud enough since beneath the seats are so shallow that the box is only .9 CU FT sealed box... i know u cant get ported sound out of a sealed box but i still tried, cause ive heard two G2s hit hard in a ported box... So basicly the next step i decided to do was return the two G2 for my money back and im stuck with the custom box now so i figured i should put two good quality 10in vocal speakers, but have no clue whats the best vocal speaker for a reasonable price.... If anyone has any advice or knows any good 10in vocal speakers i should buy to put into the custom sealed box please let me know...Only semi vocal speakers i can think of would be maybe Fi Audio 10in Q, or was told EV.... then id need a small amp to power both the 10in vocal subs but i aint worried about that yet...

Part 2:

As everyone knows 2500HD crew cab have full rear seats that fold, one takes up 60% of back seat and other takes up 40%, thus there names, 60/40 seat...My plan is to remove the 60% seat that has the pull down arm rest attached to it and replace it with another stock 40% seat thats identical to the other 40% seat, therefore i should i have a decent gap between the two rear seats....Then my box builder said he will make a custom ported/tuned box to fill in the gap between the 2 rear seats... This is the main question, i can fit any two 12in subs, or one 15in sub... Obviously tuning /porting will vary depending on sub/subs....Since i will already have two 10in Vocal speakers under the seats i shouldn't have a prob with the vocals, but i still want really clean crisp loud ass bass, looking to actually upgrade from 15in Fi BL Fully Loaded if possible, i like to change it up and try something new, heres a list off some subs i have been thinking about so far and just wanted to ask u guys wat u would put in the center custom box if it was ur truck, also what amp u would most likely wire the sub up to,

* These just couple of my ideas on subs=

* 15n Orion HCCA

* 12in Orion HCCA

* 15in Fi BTL Fully Loaded

* 15in Fi BL Fully Loaded

* 15in Audioque HDC315-A

* 13in Elemental Designs 13Av.2 Subwoofer

* 13 Boston Acuostic SPG555

* 12in Orion XTRPRO

* 13 W7

* 15 Kicker L7

* Also i could always Double up on the smaller subs, like two 12in subs in tuned/ported box, but i usually like to stick to one amp to one sub and keep it simple and just use sub to full potential...But SQ and clarity is very important to me, i kno its easy to get bass but i want best of both worlds, well as close as i can get to it that is lol, nice crisp sound with loud bass, i kno i kno im asking for to much, cant compare apple to oranges, cant have SQ and clarity along with insane bass, but i can still try and dream cant i lol...and yes i will be upgrading all the componet Bose speakers in due time, just need the subs/amps done first...

I know there's a lot more great brands like DD,SSA, RE XXX, RE SX, JBL, please tell me if u think there is a better sub out there for my situation that i haven't stated, like i said im learning....

So far from what i've read up on, im really leaning towards getting one big ass amp (Haven't decided amp yet since waiting on Sub decision) and strapping it to either one of these three, 15in HCCA / 13in Elemental Designs 13Av.2 / 15in Audioque HDC315-A, mainly because they seem to put out the most power and seem reliable to take a beating on daily abuse...

Remember if u leave ur opinion on witch woofer to choice please briefly explain why and wat amp u would use and how you would set it up, thanks alot guys makes big difference.....and dont forget if u kno any great 10in vocal speakers or atleast a brand to look into would be a big help also HOPEFULLY that cleared thing up a bit lol, once again really sry about last nights posting, was wayyyy to tired and drunk to be on computer lmfao, but really could use your guys expert advice since ive only ever heard two 12in G2s, 12in W7, and my own 15in Fi BL subs so far so i have no clue how SQ of any of the other subwoofers listed, but i def wanna be able to here my Vocals and Bass at same time, ( From a Mile Away Of Course) thanks

PS: def didnt mean to come off like a jerk or especially a dumbass lmao

Edited by Boone11

well since u said mid range and up speakers ( Vocals ) wont be good for under the seat box that i have wat would u put there or should i just remove it completely and sell it, im kinda stuck with it since was made custom for me, dont wanna waste it cost me $300 lol... Also would the mid range speakers be better off behind the rear seats? there seems to be enuff room for shallow subs but personally i think theres even more room under the seats in the custom box than there is behind the seats...but i dont know much so im going by wat u guys say lol so im open to anything... just bummed that i paid $300 bucks for a box that i cant even use now...

Also anyone kno any info about these subs, JL Audio 13TW5-3 , and if there good SQ/Bass? if so i think i could fit atleast 2 or 3 of them somewhere if that would be loud enuff, but 3 of them aint cheap haha...

So basically you want opinions on a subwoofer and amplifier? Do you know how much room you will have to work with? You need to figure this out first before you buy something...

As far as what sub\amp...What's your budget? What electrical upgrades do you have currently?

Edited by Mr. Bojangles

a 10 inch sub will not handle vocals. I highly suggest you scrap the 10 inch sub idea. Just buy some bottom end subs and replace the Blose in door speakers with a good component set. The components will handle your midbass and vocals. Subwoofers are just not designed to do that.

As far as subs, I am an SQ guy so i will pretty much steer clear of that debate. I will however highly suggest you stay away from anything that has Elemental Designs on it anywhere, unless you like getting screwed. But FWIW, I would look into Exodus Audio's Shiva X2 or Tempest X2. XBL2 motors are teh sex.

I got a 03 chevy duramax crew cab. I took the seats out for my 21's. But before I did all that I had two bucket seats out a escalade in the back with a sub box between like you said. the seat bolt pattern was the same. If that helps any.

So basically you want opinions on a subwoofer and amplifier? Do you know how much room you will have to work with? You need to figure this out first before you buy something...

As far as what sub\amp...What's your budget? What electrical upgrades do you have currently?

Budget Wise= i aint rich but id rather save up and spend my money in the better products than buy cheap shit, so i dont wanna think of money a s a opinion atm so it wont effect my overall decision but not looking to spend over a grand on sub and the 2 mid bass, cause then still need amp for midbass and upgrade my sundown audio saz-1500 to maybe a saz-3000 or saz-4500, or saw couple sick ass Stetsom amps...

i just did a quick measurement as if the middle was cut out, i have 16in width between the seats and the height depends on if i use the existing custom sub box for mid bass or not, if the box is removed i should have about 24in height, but the height can vary depending on if i want a arm rest or not, if not i can build it taller, all depends really, as does the depth change depending if i wanna move my amp or not,but depth is roughly 24in give or take, idk shit about making boxes and there dimensions but all i kno is that my box builder said only way to get really power out of my truck was to build a box in center and remove the middle of seat, he said he could fit any two 12in or one 15in so thats all i kno lol, hes the one building it so il have to talk to him and get alot more info as far as exact dimensions, but if u give me a idea on a sub/amp setup im sure my builder can custom make a box tuned to the specific woofer...

Electrical=

All stock, but diesels come with two big batterys if that make s a differance lol

and all 4g wiring, power and ground

i Have small capicator but not installed never needed it with my 15in BL....

If anyone thinks i can get good enough bass and SQ out of a smaller setup or without having to remove a seat please tell me so i can save money lol but i still want it to sound good and pound... i could prob fit 3 of these,

JL Audio 13TW5-3 across my back behind my seats and the 2 mid bass subs under the seats if that would sound good but idk anything about them shallow subs, i thought the shallower they get the less bass and excursion so i usually avoid them lol but let me kno wat u guys think is my best bang for my buck, thanks again

PS= Any ideas for 2 10in midbass subs, i have no clue where to start with them lol never had midbass

Edited by Boone11

Well I had two 10s between seats subs up port back, rattled back wall pretty good. Sounded good after i got rid of vibrations. Buddy had me do a few of those stealth boxes that hide under your bench seat. Those suck for real. If you want good sound you need a decent speaker or two and a good box. You got two options try and stuff things into the area you got with seats, or somethings got to go. Trucks dont have trunks so we got a back seat.

From what I gather, you truly have no idea what you want. You have a multitude of ideas, but you can not settle on anything and you are looking to us to re-assure you of a certain choice, but when someone does, you shoot another idea out there.

I feel like I'm in a relationship just reading this.

From what I gather, you truly have no idea what you want. You have a multitude of ideas, but you can not settle on anything and you are looking to us to re-assure you of a certain choice, but when someone does, you shoot another idea out there.

well like i said im new car audio, i know the basics only so yes im coming to whoever would care to share any advice if they were in my situation is all im asking...If you were me in this situation and wanted nice loud crisp vocals and bass with my truck... What exactly would u do top to bottom... Ive never done the big 3 or new alternator or extra battery yet, thats all after i get system all finished and then il upgrade wiring... but lets here wat anyone would do if they were in my shoes is all...every opinion helps to me...thanks

well like i said im new car audio, i know the basics only so yes im coming to whoever would care to share any advice if they were in my situation is all im asking...If you were me in this situation and wanted nice loud crisp vocals and bass with my truck... What exactly would u do top to bottom... Ive never done the big 3 or new alternator or extra battery yet, thats all after i get system all finished and then il upgrade wiring... but lets here wat anyone would do if they were in my shoes is all...every opinion helps to me...thanks

Has anyone heard anything about Electro-Voice EV speakers, guess there best for vocals? or does anyone kno any better mid bass/vocal 10in speakers i could use, really looking for a great pair of Mid bass speakers to ensure i hear every word crystal clear even with the subs bumping...Oh and if matters im almost always listening to Rap/Hip Hop only....

But personally since been researching more and more im loving these subs so far, either single or 2 of them,

Fi Audio any size or Q, BL, or BTL theres all so dam good i cant choose i need ur help lol...

* JL Audio 13TW5-3 http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/jlaudio13tw5.aspx , maybe i can fit 2 of them in my already custom sealed box and hopefully they will pound loud enough...

* Elemental 13Av.2 D2 ,http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=759 , was thinking of grabbing 2 of these with one huge amp to wire them both or get both package deals along with the 2 amps...

* Or of course could still always go with the 15in HCCA with nice ass amp ported/tuned box, but im afraid with the Orion HCCA or most of these subs for that matter, that i wont be able to clearly hear any vocals or treble, and therefore i would have to install all new door speakers and mid bass speakers before i was planning too lol... but PLEASE, if anyone has any experience with any one of these 4 subs please PM me so we can chat and i can find out more specific info about each one...thanks alot

Edited by Boone11

I too am for the most part an SQ guy, but I will take a stab at it. I'd use a SSi/SSp line or higher from TREO. Great SQ, can get down low and will handle plenty of power. For the space you'll have , I'd recommend a single 15" ported to about 27ish Hz.

I know you spent $$ on the 10" "vocals",but ditch them. Put your amp/s there if they'll fit, if not then behind the rear seat, and put the +/- distro and the likes under the seat.

I too am for the most part an SQ guy, but I will take a stab at it. I'd use a SSi/SSp line or higher from TREO. Great SQ, can get down low and will handle plenty of power. For the space you'll have , I'd recommend a single 15" ported to about 27ish Hz.

I know you spent $$ on the 10" "vocals",but ditch them. Put your amp/s there if they'll fit, if not then behind the rear seat, and put the +/- distro and the likes under the seat.

I found a box that goes under back seats that u can order, fits 4 8Iin L7's, but box is sealed, was wondering if any has this setup or heard it before with this sealed box, i kno kicker L7's bump loud in ported box but im afraid there gonna sound like shit wen its in a sealed enclosure instead... 4 8in Kicker L7's in sealed enclosure all with max RMS, im thinking maybe this might be my best bet since i cant find another 40 seat Tan leather to make space for ported box... if anyone has any ideas or sites that would sell a 40 Tan Leather rear seat out of 03 SLT crew cab, there folding seats, having no luck finding one worth buying... also never really researched into wat are the best SQ after market door speakers, i believe my truck has 4, 6in Round door speakers, it has the bose system but i was told to just replace the 4 door speakers with good pair of SQ speakers and amp them, along with the 4, 8IN L7s would be plenty loud and great SQ... just need advice on wats best 6in Round aftermarket speakers or atleast Brand name to look into, im clueless wen comes to door speakers for SQ sorry, but any advice is better than nothing, any opinions, info, or help would be appreitated....thanks again

Edited by Boone11