Sign in to follow this  
ssh

slave amp require remote turn on?

Two amps strapped (saz1500d), does the slave need a remote turn on wire as well? Or does it power on from br in?

Thanks

Yes that is the only way it will turn on, it still needs power and ground wires as well. No amp will turn on without those three wires hooked up regardless on how you plan on using them.

Yes that is the only way it will turn on, it still needs power and ground wires as well. No amp will turn on without those three wires hooked up regardless on how you plan on using them.

Alright thanks, I knew it needed power and ground, and some amps do not require a remote turn on so wasn't sure if the slave needed still needed it.

I have never seen a car audio amp that didnt need a remote start but I guess you learn something new everyday.

I've seen kicker amps my bros 750.1 don't have one.

Some of them turn on when they sense a signal through the RCAs. But Sundown isn't one of those.

how are the gain and xover set when having amps strapped? do both amps get set the same or does the slave use the same settings as the master?

how are the gain and xover set when having amps strapped? do both amps get set the same or does the slave use the same settings as the master?

sundown amps strapped use settings on master amp, so you set everything on master and the slave copies it

Sign in to follow this