Sign in to follow this  
waltham415

damplifier pro to seal a door???

I have been looking for a way to increase some of the midbass from my door speakers(infinity kappa 5X7's) and have desided to seal/deaden my doors. I realize that the correct way to do this would be to rivet some aluminium sheets to cover the numerous holes in my doors and then cover them in damplifier, but since I possess neither the materials, time, or skills to accomplish this, could I simply use the damplifier over the holes? would that successfully seal the doors and increase some of the midbass (even if only a little)?

If you cant tell im very new at this and can't find much info on it so ANY advise/critisism would be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

you could build a small box that goes inside the door. but reducing the noise cumming from the outside will make it sound louder inside.

I'd ditch the infinity speakers, buy a nice set of comps, and fiberglass some doorpods.

I've been wondering the same thing as the OP. I'm going to cover the big openings in my door with metal. But on the smaller ones I just want to use deadener.

Yeah, i just want to run some deadener over the many small holes that would suck to have to cover with metal but i dont know if they would work as well. Any one have any thoughts?

Thanks

Alex

and yes I do plan on upgrading to some decent comps as soon as i get enough money(either rainbow 5X7 comps or maybe a cheap pair of focals)

I think any holes smaller than a couple inches would be fine. Any bigger than that will start to have diminishing returns.

Yeah, i just want to run some deadener over the many small holes that would suck to have to cover with metal but i dont know if they would work as well. Any one have any thoughts?

Thanks

Alex

and yes I do plan on upgrading to some decent comps as soon as i get enough money(either rainbow 5X7 comps or maybe a cheap pair of focals)

I'd look into Bravox, Bravox > Focal.

You should fiberglass door pods, instead of looking for 5x7's.

They sell Bravox on the ssa store.

I don't know how you can say Bravox > Focal. Have you played with both brands ? Several models ?

Impious made a review about one set of Bravox here, but it's the only one I've ever saw.

That was a very positive review,though.

They sell Bravox on the ssa store.

I don't know how you can say Bravox > Focal. Have you played with both brands ? Several models ?

Impious made a review about one set of Bravox here, but it's the only one I've ever saw.

That was a very positive review,though.

Bravox is much cheaper, and is the Brazilian Focal ;)

What i did was I put plexi glass over the huge holes in my doors and then I put some deadener over the plexiglass. Worked great for me. You can go to home depot or lowes and have them cut the plexi glass for you.