Sign in to follow this  
chargeron4s

ssa xcon 18

My brother just bought a ssa xcon 18 from mark and a audioq 2200d it is going into a trunk of a 09 dodge charger. the box is being built tomarro should it get really loud.

My brother just bought a ssa xcon 18 from mark and a audioq 2200d it is going into a trunk of a 09 dodge charger. the box is being built tomarro should it get really loud.

You know it will. Ernie will do a great job on the box, the only hurdle you'll have to over come is that fact that it's a trunk car.

You know it will. Ernie will do a great job on the box, the only hurdle you'll have to over come is that fact that it's a trunk car.

he was thinking of putting it on backseat if ernie couldnt fit it lol..

Boxes in the back seat are ghetto as hell. Don't do that.

Got to agree with johnecon on that one.

Put it in the trunk or wall it off.

Just put it in the trunk, move it until you find the best config.

An 18" on 2200 watts ? You (or he, your brother) WILL love it!! No doubt !

;)

What is the max wattage a 18 xcon can take and play daily? There is a YouTube clip of 2-18's running on 2 sundown 3000's strapped ( around 7000 watts) it sounds incredible !!

What is the max wattage a 18 xcon can take and play daily? There is a YouTube clip of 2-18's running on 2 sundown 3000's strapped ( around 7000 watts) it sounds incredible !!

If I am thinking of the same video, those are not Xcon's. Those were prototypes of a different model we did not put into production.

if you cant fit it in the trunk, you could alway make a wall:p

Ok. Is it safe to say the sub can handle around 2300 watts on a daily setup?

That is pushing it. There is no advantage to over power a driver for daily, but as long as you are smart with the gains and pay attention to the sub woofer to make sure it is doing ok, then go for it. Keep in mind, if you cook the coil, it is not covered under warranty. Also, NEVER worry about or focus on MAX wattage, it is a marketing lie started by the big companies a while ago.

I understand. My problem is that I have a 7000 watt amp and I wanted to get everything out of it and do it with 3 subs.

You don't have to use all the power, it will be much easier on your electrical if you don't as well. Headroom is a good thing, and you will have a bit of that. There is no need to try to push every bit you can at a sub, they have an rms rating for a reason.

I understand. My problem is that I have a 7000 watt amp and I wanted to get everything out of it and do it with 3 subs.

Which amp?

You sure it's 7K rms and not Max power?

With impedance rise and voltage drop you will NEVER see 7000w on music, even if your amp is the most efficient amp ever made.