i am trying to decide whether to purchase a Rockford t1500-1bdCP or an AudioQue AQ2200.1D amplifier. for me the rockford would be $130 more, and i was just wondering if that is worth it or if i should stick with the AudioQue and have more power. and how much difference does the constant power technology make in the Rockford? a comparison of the two amps would be nice.

AQ=honda

RF=cadillac

if the fosgate fits in the budget i would get that over the AQ

Get what ever is in your budget since both will get the job done, the AudioQue may do more power but with either installed in a setup you wouldnt tell the difference if you swapped one out for the other (maybe on the meter slightly).

More power for less money? I'd'get the AQ !

It's not a fair comparison.

AQ 2200 - RF 2000 maybe ?!

Don't get caught in the marketing tricks. Both are good brands IMO.

More power for less money? I'd'get the AQ !

It's not a fair comparison.

AQ 2200 - RF 2000 maybe ?!

Don't get caught in the marketing tricks. Both are good brands IMO.

how much difference does rockford's constant power technology actually make?

I personally would get the RF if It fits the budget. Just a personal preference.

But as Jaycee said both will get the job done.

As far as audibly hearing the difference with extra the AQ will have...You won't notice!

I personally would get the RF if It fits the budget. Just a personal preference.

As far as audibly hearing the difference with extra the AQ will have...You won't notice!

i'm not worried about the power...will the RF sound much better on 2 type r 12" 1243 or 1223s?

i'm not worried about the power...will the RF sound much better on 2 type r 12" 1243 or 1223s?

No, it will not sound better or worse for that matter. Buy what fits your budget and has the features you need.

No, it will not sound better or worse for that matter. Buy what fits your budget and has the features you need.

well then what are the real-world advantages to buying a t1500-1bdcp over keeping my current powerbass asa1500.1dx? (sorry i know that probably sounds like a stupid question)

well then what are the real-world advantages to buying a t1500-1bdcp over keeping my current powerbass asa1500.1dx? (sorry i know that probably sounds like a stupid question)

The brand names. There's definitely no $300ish worthy advantages. (if that makes any sense)

The brand names. There's definitely no $300ish worthy advantages. (if that makes any sense)

so all i am paying for is the extra research and developement, as well as the costs to operate the larger factories, not the quality? how much power could safely be given to the new type r 12" woofers? should i keep my powerbass asa1500.1dx (which i assume puts out a little less than rated, correct me if i am wrong), or upgrade to an audioque and run it at either 2 ohms or with the gain down?

What are you not happy about with your current system?

Do you have all the basic things done?

1/0 wire? Big 3?

1/0 wire? Big 3?

i just want louder. i have a battery in the back and 4 gauge wire. i upgraded the ground under the hood but my car had the alternator hidden under the engine so upgrading the rest would be quite tricky.

1/0 wire? Big 3?

i just want louder. i have a battery in the back and 4 gauge wire. i upgraded the ground under the hood but my car had the alternator hidden under the engine so upgrading the rest would be quite tricky.

You probably won't gain much adding more power, Type R's can only take so much.

Maybe sell them and get bigger woofers?

1/0 wire? Big 3?

well i would be going from 10" 1042's rated at 500rms to 12" 1243's or 1223's rated at 600rms, in a better box, so i should be close to double what i have now

1/0 wire? Big 3?

well i would be going from 10" 1042's rated at 500rms to 12" 1243's or 1223's rated at 600rms, in a better box, so i should be close to double what i have now

Huh? O_o

1/0 wire? Big 3?

Huh? O_o

lol sorry if that was unclear. i currently have 2 10" last generation alpine type r subwoofers in a crappy prefab box running at 1 ohm off of a powerbass asa 1500.1dx. i am upgrading to 2 12" current generation alpine type r subs. the current generation ones are rated at 100 more watts rms and claim to have over 20% more motor force than the previous generation, as well as a little more x-max. i was just thinking that that would be pretty close to double the spl that i currently have.

Are you willing to ditch Alpine?

That's won't be double. Theoretically, if you double cone area, or double motor force you gain only 3 decibels. Which only works in theory :)

Are you willing to ditch Alpine?

yeah i am, but the subs are 144 each, so i thought that was a great deal

Got to think about quality once you want loud. :)

Got to think about quality once you want loud. :)

yeah, i was considering ssd's and btl...but i dont think my car could handle the current draw to really get those going without upgrading the big 3, which is difficult in my case. and if i was going fi i would go all out. how much of a difference do the new type r 12's make over the old type r 10's?