Sign in to follow this  
cshaw

iphone pandora wont play through hu

hello ssa, havent been around for some time, and so i got an iphone!! downloaded the pandora app and could not wait to get the dubstep station rockin in my hatch. got it playing on the phone then plugged it in and it starts playing my itunes, bypassing pandora. i have a cda 9847 from when i first got the car. i remember it came with a converter box so you can plug in your ipod into it. im thinking thats just out dated as it doest charge my ipod video and iphone. can you even get a newer one that will work with my hu?

You have to get one of the new Alpine/Pioneer/Kenwood radios that are "Internet Radio" capable.

hello ssa, havent been around for some time, and so i got an iphone!! downloaded the pandora app and could not wait to get the dubstep station rockin in my hatch. got it playing on the phone then plugged it in and it starts playing my itunes, bypassing pandora. i have a cda 9847 from when i first got the car. i remember it came with a converter box so you can plug in your ipod into it. im thinking thats just out dated as it doest charge my ipod video and iphone. can you even get a newer one that will work with my hu?

not sure about Alpine, but I know you need to have a certain type of pioneer deck to be able to play pandora. Maybe someone else will chime in here soon...

The new Alpine xda-305s will work with pandora. My kenwood excelon would also work with it.

thanks guys, i am kinda partial to alpine if i can make it happen without being too pricey. ive been wanting to upgrade for more processing and ability to go active in the future anyways. haven't done any research on hu's in a few years, mine has been working for me just fine but i think its time to upgrade here soon. anywhere i should start as far as best bang for the buck?

it would have to be the aux input as there is no usb input into the hu. i wish it had an aux input in the front, it would make this work. but not sure about the output quality of that.

anyone realize the iphone is kinda bassy compared to ipods? i wish they had an eq on the iphone like they do on the ipods.

it would have to be the aux input as there is no usb input into the hu. i wish it had an aux input in the front, it would make this work. but not sure about the output quality of that.

anyone realize the iphone is kinda bassy compared to ipods? i wish they had an eq on the iphone like they do on the ipods.

They do, under settings -> ipod