Sign in to follow this  
hmmm...

12 or 15's?

well. i was going to get a 12 inch d2, but then i heard about those darn 15's. i dunno what to do. ayone know how a 15 compares to a 12 d2? my only reasoning for going to the 15's would be to get louder, and deeper.

box size cant get much bigger than about 2.5 cubes, sealed.

2.5 cubes sealed is more than enough room for a Magnum 15. And you basically said it yourself, if you want it deeper and louder than a 12, go with a 15.

i jut wanna know how it compares to that 12 incher though. i love how the 12 d2 in my bros car sounds.

i also heard that moving to larger subs will "usually" hit slower an generally wont hold the same sq. atleast i heard that.

if its not gunna be just like the 12 besides hitting deeper and harder id rather keep the 12inch idea.

i jut wanna know how it compares to that 12 incher though. i love how the 12 d2 in my bros car sounds.

i also heard that moving to larger subs will "usually" hit slower an generally wont hold the same sq. atleast i heard that.

if its not gunna be just like the 12 besides hitting deeper and harder id rather keep the 12inch idea.

Myth...

15 goes a tad lower and a lil steeper of a roll off on paper....but that's on paper..2.5 sealed sounds like a recipe for a Mag 15...

Mag 15 WILL yield as good SQ as the Mag 12..no question about it...

if you have the room, money and power go with the 15

it will sound just the same as the 12 but louder harder and deeper

good luck

jamie

Good....order...now...before they are all gone!!!! Time is running out!!!!

Edited by I8apony19

im wiring everything up befor my subs here so im ready to go. what gauge wire should i use for the 15 inch off a hifonics brutus bx1000d. i can get 10 or 8 guage.

Where do people keep hearing the "15 is Slower than a 12" crap?

10 guage is overkill? what is recomeneded? how would you mathmatically figure out what guage is needed for the amount of power you are sending?

well for me i heard the 15's are slower becuase i havnt listened to many high quality 15 inch subs. if i compare them to a 12 or nice 12 they sound sloppy and slower. at least the ones i heard cant keep up with very fast kick drums.

"but i guess its differnt when your talking about a 15 inch magnum :) "

Trust us, the Magnum 15 will keep up with fast bass hits. If it wasn't tight, I wouldn't be selling them. I would have ripped it apart and started from scratch again if it was boomy.

From the sounds of it you're in for a very profound awakening as far as bass goes. :) ...which is a good thing.

10 gauge is fine, but 8 gauge is pretty much overkill unless you're speaker wire is going to be incredibly long. And even then, you still don't need anything over 12 gauge. Power wire to your amplifier, however, is another thing.

yeah this is in a truck so that amp and sub are both in the back. i dont think i need more than 2 feet for speaker wire for that lol.

im getting 1/0 guage power wire for the amp power.

Yeah....you think you've heard tight, low bass.....then you hear a Magnum. And your definition just changed. :)

Josh

Yeah....you think you've heard tight, low bass.....then you hear a Magnum. And your definition just changed. :)

Josh

BINGO...

As Ryan will tell you....tighter than a 17 yr old...

As Ryan will tell you....tighter than a 17 yr old...

Depends on the hole, er I mean enclosure, I mean............. :blink:

For Clarke's perspective, see my sig....

14" cutout diameter on the 15". You could probably go smaller, but that works for us. An easy way to find out is to use the top egg-crate protection that comes with your Magnum. It's always the cutout diameter of the sub. B)