idiot

idiot's slimming down build

Great lookin build! Nice craftmanship on your part. Sucks about the 3-Sixty, I had two amps in a row blow on me the first time I turned the vol up past 20 on one build, lol. Took like a month and 1/2 to finish the install ftl.

So State Farm just bought all this stuff, or you bought it with the check they gave you? Just curious as you keep refering to themas State Farm packages.

Thanks man. :)

It was a mixture. State Farm bought the amps and Focals, then cut me a check to cover the sub and install. I got the 3sixty.2 on my own and will recover that expense when I sell the gear that will go unused. It took a while to get everything worked out with their claims department, and I had to haggle on the equipment since they really wanted to give me shitty parts, but it was a positive experience overall.

NICE!

Edited by PHATBOi

looks great man!!! I would say without the grill, it is to way off on color.

Nice and clean looking install man. I've had my stuff jacked before too, it really sucks. Glad they worked it through with you though, that at least makes it a little better. Hopefully with the way its all installed now you won't have to worry so much about it getting jacked again.

Probably the last set of pics on the rack, since everything else that needs work is just wiring. Put the sub in though and ghetto-rigged it to my amps... now just waiting for the 3sixty replacement so I can actually have decent crossover options. ;)

I think I've decided to stick with the grill for now, actually. Hard to tell in the pics, but it matches the interior fabric of my seats and does a decent job of covering the chrome bling that is JBL's dustcap. Looks better in person too.

dscf1642l.jpg

dscf1643.jpg

dscf1644vr.jpg

dscf1646u.jpg

Vids or GTFO! LOL. Looks good bro.

Edited by PHATBOi

Made a little mp3 holder while waiting on my 3sixty exchange. Here's the the Zune, wrapped in layers of tape to serve as the mold:

dscf1548d.jpg

Removed from fiberglass, about to be trimmed:

dscf1564u.jpg

Trimmed up:

dscf1567.jpg

Added filler and sanded smooth(ish):

dscf1573o.jpg

dscf1574z.jpg

Painted:

dscf1602.jpg

The uneven surface on the inside is meaningless since that will be covered in felt:

dscf1603.jpg

A bit of a rushed job, but here's the final product:

dscf1661.jpg

So I finally got my replacement 3sixty.2, hooked everything up last night, and set the preliminary crossovers and EQ.

Wow.

What a difference a little time alignment makes!

I'd heard great things about this sub, and they are all true. I was coming from an RL-p15, but this thing is giving me no drop-off whatsoever. The box is smaller, I'm pushing less power, but it can still get so loud that I can't stay in my car. Subjectively, that's really all I'd ever ask output-wise.

But this sub blends sooooo much better than the RL-p did. I'm crossing at 70Hz right now and can hardly tell where the midwoofer ends and the sub picks up. If it weren't for feeling the micro-vibrations in the plastic paneling of my doors, I suspect the blending would be perfect. The SQ of this driver was not at all exaggerated.

This will probably be my last update here since classes have resumed and I no longer have time to brush up my install. I'm very happy with this setup, and I can't wait to play with the EQ.

:)

Great build! Love the under-floor compartment! Also, nice iPod holder. Might need to try my hand at some fiber-glassing sometime.

Great work! :)

Nice build. That sub if flippin' tall. A little deadening on the door should stop those rattles :D

:fing34: :fing34: