tejcurrent

Introduction and Pre-Order

Hello everyone, thank you for the warm welcome. I have been a member here for years, as well as several other forums under the screen name tejcurrent. I used to compete often, though in the last 16 months I've had two children that deserved my weekends a bit more. I redesigned my system to be a daily listening vehicle that could still do decent numbers, and I wanted a charging system that could keep up. I began making multiple alternator brackets that could meet my power demands, while being all but transparent with my factory system. I set out a goal to make the best brackets hands down, and I believe I have succeeded. I believe anyone who tries my products will agree with me, so I am offering a pre-sale price on 3 of the models I have to offer, which I will discuss later in this thread.

Creating these custom brackets requires that I have the actual vehicles and alternators they fit in my possession, so it is a slow process. I first make a template, which after testing becomes the base for the CAD drawing. All brackets are laser cut from 1/4" steel, with a second rear plate of 1/4" steel. By 'sandwiching' the alternators between 1/2 inch of metal you get an extremely solid bracket that offers no play, keeping the alternators aligned perfectly. Throughout the design process I tried to keep the end user in mind, keeping installation as simple as tightening a few bolts.

All brackets attach to the engine with at least 2 bolts, with the 5.3l V8 GM bracket using 3 direct mounting points. There are precise spacers that prevent parallel misalignment that can cause belt noise and premature wear. The brackets then get a high quality black powder coat finish which looks great with basically any alternator color and finish. All alternator kits include high quality 12.9 grade 10mm bolts, flat washers, and lock-nuts to attach and assemble the bracket. Wiring plugs are included, though you must specify the vehicle and if your factory plug has 1 or 2 wires when ordering. High quality idler pulleys, and serpentine belt will also be included in the kit, making it ready for install out of the box.

The dual 5.3l V8 bracket offers exceptional value because while it looks great as a dual bracket, by simply adding a pulley and changing serpentine belt the user may add a third alternator if desired.

Here are a few pictures of what I've been working on.

template1.jpg

Tahoe_Quad_15.jpg

Tahoe_Quad_11.jpg

Tahoe_Quad_10.jpg

Tahoe_Quad_5.jpg

Pre-Order

For 99+ V8 GM engines: 4.2, 5.3, 6.0, and 6.2 liter

Full-size GM quad kit: $350.

Full-size GM dual/triple bracket will be $250.

3 alt operation requires extra parts that raise the price to $300.

For 1999+ 4.3L GM V6, including Blazers and S-10s. There may be more models and years this fits, these are just the most common

Dual bracket will be $300.

If I reach 20 pre-orders I will randomly draw a customers name and give them $100 off their purchase.

If I reach 5 pre-orders of any one type of bracket I place my order and start shipping those brackets before the pre-order is over.

If interested email sales@tejcurrent.com with questions, or simply PayPal a $100 deposit to tejcurrent@yahoo.com. Those who pay for the whole bracket up front will get two entries in the drawing for $100 off. SHIPPING IS NOT INCLUDED.

I will have PayPal and credit card capabilities on my website, but prices will be higher than I am offering with the pre-order. Pre-order ends August 22nd, and all brackets will be shipped before the end of the month. When sending the deposit or payment PLEASE include your actual name or screen name and which forum it is for with your phone number as a memo so you will be added to the list. Thanks!

There are currently 2 deposits for the 5.3l v8 quad bracket, meaning with 3 more deposits I will begin shipping early.

Troy Jones

sales@tejcurrent.com

Looks good, and good luck with the new product. :fing34:

Very nice work!

Good luck with the new endeavor.

ok my question is since your obviously mostly making gm brackets so far. do u have or will these fit older chevy smallblock v8's 305/350/400? by older i mean pre-fuel injection

Great lookin brackets, makes me want to buy a truck!

ok my question is since your obviously mostly making gm brackets so far. do u have or will these fit older chevy smallblock v8's 305/350/400? by older i mean pre-fuel injection

Hi, I am working on brackets for several vehicles- especially older V8 trucks/suvs. To give you a bit more information, I live in South Carolina, which is Chevy country. Every bracket takes hours of designing and testing on each vehicle, so I must have the vehicle locally to make one. Because it is easier for me to get my hands on GM vehicles and they seem to dominate the competitions locally they will be taking priority.

I have a bracket I'm almost finished with for the 350 in a 1996 2500, but I've found that there are many different configurations in the 350 between 90 and 99. Some have the factory alternator position on the drivers side, others the passenger, and there are some other engine component location differences between years.

To determine if I have or am working on something for your vehicle just shoot me an email at sales@tejcurrent.com with the engine/model/year you are looking for. A picture of the engine bay wouldn't hurt either- but isn't necessary. I may not have it now, but I'm definitely working on making brackets to fit many more needs.

I'll be starting another thread tonight for people to ask for the bracket they need in particular. If several people ask for the same thing I will focus on making one for that vehicle instead of other projects. Once my website is running there will be an ongoing pre-order section, so that when a product is about to come out people can get a nice savings in the neighborhood of 30% off.

Great lookin brackets, makes me want to buy a truck!

Thank you! I've considered some cars but most people save the high-powered setups for suvs, jeeps, and trucks. If there's a market for any particular vehicle I may explore it- I've had several requests for the Saturn Ion now, so that may be around the corner :peepwall:

nice work

where are you in south carolina would love to come by and see your work first hand

nice work

where are you in south carolina would love to come by and see your work first hand

I'm just outside of Myrtle Beach, and you? I'll be going to some competitions in Sumter, Florence, and Georgetown once I get things settled down, if that's a bit closer to you.

i live in pawleys island and am going to tech in conway and georgetown this semester

Looks really great! If i run an SPL setup in my 2011 mustang i'll definitely give you a call!

:drink40::popcorn:

i live in pawleys island and am going to tech in conway and georgetown this semester

Wow you are close, I believe we've talked before a while back, maybe a month or so. If you want to meet up one day just let me know- I only live 10 minutes from Carolina Forest.

Looks really great! If i run an SPL setup in my 2011 mustang i'll definitely give you a call!

:drink40::popcorn:

Sure thing, much appreciated. :)

nice work

I'm just outside of Myrtle Beach, and you? I'll be going to some competitions in Sumter, Florence, and Georgetown once I get things settled down, if that's a bit closer to you.

When will you be in florence or sumter? I should be able to swing through and check you out.

When will you be in florence or sumter? I should be able to swing through and check you out.

Once I get a few more products in line, I'd really like to have a few things to bring up there with me to let a few people take a look at them.

Any idea if this bracket would work in the 6.0L L76?

The brackets I have right now will fit basically any GM full size truck running on gas from 99 and up. I believe your engine looks like the one in the link I'm providing, in which case the answer is a definite yes.

Link

You don't happen to have a dual setup for 96 Impala SS?

Still in the works, I initially was working on one, but it would require relocating (I believe it was) the washer fluid reservoir. I want the brackets to stay near bolt-on, with very little extra work, so that got put on the back burner while I'm finishing a few other projects.

If you're in no rush I'll have one out in the not-too-distant future, but I can't give a set timeline right now. If you're in a hurry please email me at tejcurrent@tejcurrent.com and we can talk about it a bit more.

You don't happen to have a dual setup for 96 Impala SS?

Still in the works, I initially was working on one, but it would require relocating (I believe it was) the washer fluid reservoir. I want the brackets to stay near bolt-on, with very little extra work, so that got put on the back burner while I'm finishing a few other projects.

If you're in no rush I'll have one out in the not-too-distant future, but I can't give a set timeline right now. If you're in a hurry please email me at tejcurrent@tejcurrent.com and we can talk about it a bit more.

Yeah if you are doing it like the Iraggi kit VVVVVVV the coolant res. and maybe the power steering reservoir. I am in no rush at all, just saw this and figured I'd hit you up. All I really need is the set up to hook up alt's, I'll move everything around. What model alt's are you building the bracket for and what would it cost.

Couple post downMy link

Yeah if you are doing it like the Iraggi kit VVVVVVV the coolant res. and maybe the power steering reservoir. I am in no rush at all, just saw this and figured I'd hit you up. All I really need is the set up to hook up alt's, I'll move everything around. What model alt's are you building the bracket for and what would it cost.

Couple post downMy link

I believe your car either had the CS 130 or 144. I'm still working on things but I want to do ad244 alternators. Because I have no finished product I don't know the final cost, but in the $225 price range ready to bolt on. One issue is that if I design the bracket for one case alternator, the user can't keep a smaller case alt because there's a good chance it would change the belt size enough to cause issues. You could mess with pulley sizes but that could effect the alternators output. If you need something now and don't mind moving things around I would just order from a company you are familiar with. In a few weeks I will have time to work on the bracket for your vehicle, but it could be little while before one is ready to ship.

I personally don't like relocating a lot of stuff, so when it can be avoided I try to. I'll post some pictures of how things will fit once I get the bracket to a point where I'm satisfied. It will just make install more straight forward for the average person. I'm not familiar with Iraggi's bracket unless it's the one pictured in your link, but the setup I have in mind will be different.

Just a small update- all brackets will include a Gates HD belt. I want to offer the most dependable product you can buy, so this is just another small part of that.

nice work

Florence :)

nice work

Florence :)

Do you go to the Competition only shows, or what organization? I'm looking at about another month or so before things are settled down enough to start going to some shows.

The pre-sale on the quad brackets ends this Sunday. This is an incredible value so anyone interested sign up asap.

Troy

The 6.0 L76 is in my Pontiac G8 and I have been told alternator mounting is different, if it helps I have been told it is has the same mounting as a LS2 out of a Corvette.