What tools and methods do I need to calculate my imp rise.

1 15" AA SMD, Sundown saz 3000d. 4^3 @ 31hz, 30^2 port area (I know way to small, just testing an aeroport). Sub wired to .75 ohm

Just got a clamp meter today and messing around I did 18.4 amps & 79.8 volts @ 37hz. I want to know what the impedance is doing but not exactly sure how to check for that

Thanks

4.337 ohms

Play through the frequencies taking voltage and current measurements for each, then use ohms law to calculate impedance R=V/I. R= Resistence/impedance V = voltage I = Current.

That equation fried my brain instantly but I'm gonna take another look and work w/ it.

Going from .75 ohm to 4+ ohm, f**kin sucks! Imma have to work on that

Thanks

Anyone else know of another way lmk

.75 is your DCR and has little to do with the box impedance....

There is no such thing as "impedance rise". This term is a wrong way of describing what happens. You have an imedance curve or plot. This both rises and falls... Hence "rise" is not accurate. The biggest thing that effects your impedance curve is your box resonance and tuning. 10 or so Hz in either direction and your impedance can easily shift 2-4x either up or down....

This is also why it is completely pointless to set your gain with a DMM when you have no idea what the impedance is....

.75 is your DCR and has little to do with the box impedance....

There is no such thing as "impedance rise". This term is a wrong way of describing what happens. You have an imedance curve or plot. This both rises and falls... Hence "rise" is not accurate. The biggest thing that effects your impedance curve is your box resonance and tuning. 10 or so Hz in either direction and your impedance can easily shift 2-4x either up or down....

This is also why it is completely pointless to set your gain with a DMM when you have no idea what the impedance is....

:thanx: