txhouse

Which sub?

I see a lot of sub comparisons but I haven't seen this one. Which would you choose for a pure sound quality setup.

1 Treo SSp 10 in a 1.3 cu. ft ported enclosure 34hrtz.

2 Fi SSD 10in. in a 1.85 cu. ft ported enclosure tuned to 35hrtz.

1 FI BL 10in in a 1.3 cu. ft ported enclosure tuned to 34 hrtz.

2 Fi Q 10in in a 1.85 cu. ft ported enclosure tuned to 35 hrtz.

The Treo I know will fit but I am not sure about the FI Q or BL because the motor is so wide so I am asking about all of the ones I am considering.

These will be going under the rear seat of my 2010 dodge ram crew cab.

Take the BL off the list if you want SQ. Why two SSD and two Q and only one TREO SSp?

Take the BL off the list if you want SQ. Why two SSD and two Q and only one TREO SSp?

I only have airspace for one SSp as they require 1.25 cu. ft. a piece and I have the airspace for two SSD's or Q's but I am not sure if the motor is too bit on the Q's to use two of them because on the driver side rear the space the mountable area is actually smaller so I don't know if the motor would clear.

The only reason I considered the BL was because I heard that it sounds almost as good as the Q but has a lot more output.

Thanks for helping me narrow it down some.

The Q and the SSD's are both excellent choices, but can you add more info as to your goals?

I am looking for a sound quality setup. My goals are to have a good punch as I listen to mostly rock and country (very rarely rap). I don't want that boomy bass or subs that get loud and sound like crap, I want to be able to tell that it is playing the bass to the music not just sounding like test tones. If that didn't answer your question I'm sorry but please elaborate as to what you mean if that doesn't answer it.

The dcons are nice. i have had Qs and they sounded great too

The Incriminator Flatlyne would be another choice. :drink40:

I am looking for a sound quality setup. My goals are to have a good punch as I listen to mostly rock and country (very rarely rap). I don't want that boomy bass or subs that get loud and sound like crap, I want to be able to tell that it is playing the bass to the music not just sounding like test tones. If that didn't answer your question I'm sorry but please elaborate as to what you mean if that doesn't answer it.

Much of what you are describing has to do with the install, as in tuning, settings, placement etc.

Of the subs you listed, I would personally lean towards the Q's and order them with the High QTS option and seal them up to suggested enclosure specs per Fi. There are a few other excellent choices mentioned in this thread too. :)

The Incriminator Flatlyne would be another choice. :drink40:

trink40.gifpeepwall.giffing34.gif

I am looking for a sound quality setup.

I doubt it, but if that is the case then nothing on your list. However, if that were true you'd be asking us about the rest and not the sub as it is a very trivial portion of an SQ setup. So what does the rest of your "setup" include?

I currently havent bought anything. I am looking to get the subs and then build the system around that.

What Sean is getting at, is in a true "SQ" system, the sub woofer is not a central point.

I was looking at either going with focal polyglass components for the front and coax for the rear or the same setup using hybrid audio's clarus and imagine line if that is what you were asking about going with a sq setup for what else I plan on running.

I think what they are saying is that in a true "sq" setup the sub is really the least important part and the last step usually as it plays the smallest frequency range.

I realize that the subwoofers play the smallest roll in a sq setup, I just wanted everyones opinion of what they thought was a good sq setup when the time comes to do that.